Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Case Manager - Diabetes
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Position Summary: To provide quality nursing care and provide case management services to patients with Diabetes (Type 1 and 2), Prediabetes, and Gestational Diabetes. Works closely with the Diabetes program team members and other YKHC providers to ensure Diabetes patients receive care in line with applicable best practice guidelines. Required to work with hospital and clinic providers on the management diabetes patients and to promote diabetes standards of care. Helps coordinate care for diabetes patients across practice and or organizational lines. Case Manager may be required to provide comprehensive diabetes education for diabetes patients in a clinic setting in Bethel and in surrounding villages through travel. Participates in program outreach activities such as the Diabetes Support Group, radio show, media campaigns, and special events. Participates in department planning and goal setting to achieve excellence in patient care and partnership with tribal leaders. Believe in and promote YKHC's vision of Napartet and all corporate endeavors.
- Minimum Education: Graduate from an LNL school for LPN's or LVN's. In addition must be licensed as an LPN in the State of Alaska in good standing.
- Minimum Experience: 3 - 5 years prior experience in nursing preferred. Case Management experience preferred.
- License, Certification, Registration: Licensed Practical Nurse eligible for licensure in the state of Alaska, Valid Driver's License and CPR certified.
- Equipment/Tools: Work in a typical office, hospital, and village clinic setting. Comprehensive knowledge of PC computers. Ability to operate diabetes care medical equipment such as glucometer, height/weight scale, etc. Requires some travel to villages via small plane in sub-arctic conditions, moderate lifting of equipment. May be required to put in occasional long working hours.
- Specialized Knowledge and Skills: Strong knowledge base in the field of diabetes and cardiovascular disease. Cross-cultural communication skills a must. Bi-lingual (Yup'ik/English) preferred.
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
ID:13782Location:BethelDepartment:Diabetes Prevention and ControlEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 545-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.