(SUMMARY) Position Highlights:
- Competitive pay
Additional Benefits: tuition reimbursement, free parking, employee discounts
Quality of Life:Flexible work schedules
Advancement:professional growth within the organization
Location:Holy Cross Health has two hospitals and four healthcare centers all a short driving distance from Washington DC and Baltimore, MD
- Full-Time 7am - 7pm
- Reporting to the Director of Dialysis
- Dialysis Technician will work under the supervision of the RN to provide care to Dialysis patients.
What you will need:Required:
- Completes pre, intradialytic, and post dialysis assessment of patient's condition and documents.
- Identifies and prioritizes assignment patients' nursing care needs/ problems
- Initiates, monitors, and terminates dialysis treatments according to unit policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Draws periodic lab work per procedure and/or protocols
- Monitors intake and output (pre-dialysis weight, intradialytic weight gain, and target weight), evidence of pain, and pulse oximetry measurements and reports all to RN
- Prepares water treatment system and hemodialysis machine for patient shift in accordance with physician's orders.
- Monitors dialysis machine readings and parameters, dialyzer throughout the dialytic process. Make appropriate adjustments.
- Works closely with RN's to provide care to Labor & Delivery patient
- Responsible for cardiovascular status by maintaining thermoregulation of patient.
- Certification as a nursing assistant by the Maryland State Board of Nursing, as a CNA-DT
- Completion ofCCHT or BONENT national certification required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer skills, to include data entry and retrieval. Ability to coordinate eyes and hands quickly and accurately. Ability to identify and distinguish color, temperature, texture, and size
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds, as determined by the nature of the patient care unit. Must be able to push,pull, lift patients and equipment (e.g. beds, stretchers). Must be able to bend body downward at the waist and be able to kneel. One-year experience as a dialysis technician preferable.
Holy Cross Health is a Catholic, not-for-profit health system that serves more than 240,000 individuals each year from Maryland's two largest counties - Montgomery and Prince George's counties. Holy Cross Health earns numerous national awards, clinical designations and accreditations across a wide range of specialties for providing innovative, high-quality health care services.
We were named one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for 2022.
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Females/disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health is a family of 115,000 colleagues and nearly 26,000 physicians and clinicians across 25 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Our dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention, and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.