Job ID: 218089
Location: FORT LEWIS , WA , US
Date Posted: 2021-05-26
Subcategory: Strength and Conditioning Coach
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is currently looking for Strength and Conditioning Coaches (SCC) to join the US Army’s new Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) Program at Joint Base Lewis McChord (JBLM), WA
Positions are contingent upon contract award in the Spring/Summer of 2021.
The SCCs will act as part of a multi-discipline team that will provide program analytical support and qualified/certified Strength and Conditioning Coaches (SCCs) and Cognitive Performance Specialists (CPSs) to function as integrated members of a Brigade (BDE)-based multi-disciplinary team focused on optimizing Soldier readiness and performance within the Army’s new Holistic Health and Fitness (H2F) System. The H2F System is the Army’s primary investment in Soldier readiness and lethality, optimal physical and non-physical performance, reduced injury rates, improved rehabilitation after injury, and increased overall effectiveness of the Total Army. The system empowers and equips Soldiers to take charge of their health, fitness, and well-being in order to optimize individual performance, while preventing injury and disease.
As a Strength and Conditioning Coach (SCC), you will assist the Lead SCC with developing, coordinating, executing, and managing recommended and approved strength and conditioning programs.
Tasks to Include:
- Developing lines of communication within the Brigade (BDE), Battalion (BN) and Company leadership
- Coordinating, executing, and managing approved physical performance optimization programs
- Developing and recommending evidence-based periodized strength and conditioning programs focused on unit mission and individual Solider tasks
- Submitting strength and conditioning programs to Lead SCC for approval
- Assisting the Lead SCC with developing, coordinating, and executing approved training programs for Soldiers with physical limitations
- Coach and mentor the unit fitness leaders and MFTs
Required Education and Experience:
- Strength and Conditioning Coaches (SCCs) should possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
Have three (3) years of relevant SCC work experience within the last five (5) years.
- Relevant experience is defined as developing and executing task and environment specific functional injury control and health/well-being programs for groups of athletes or DoD/Department of Homeland Security/Department of Justice entities focused on a common sport or mission performance goal.
- Employment related to internships or graduate work up to one year will be considered towards relevant experience.
- A certification by the NSCA as a CSCS or by the CSCCA as a SCCC
- Must possess a current certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association or the American Red Cross with Automated External Defibrillators (AED) certification.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- Interpersonal relationship skills and social sensitivity to relate to Soldiers from diverse backgrounds
- Experience with Microsoft applications and SharePoint sites
- Must be physically able to hike in austere environments and terrains while carrying a backpack with necessary supplies on occasion (<20% of the time).
- Must be physically able to lift and manipulate loads of weight plates up to 45 pounds.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.