The Lead Anesthesia Technician is responsible for assisting and supporting Surgical Services Leadership team. Responsible for providing leadership to the Anesthesia Technicians and providing direction while overseeing the daily operational activities performed by the Anesthesia Technicians to include but not limited to ensuring the availability and proper condition of all anesthesia equipment, and monitoring of supplies and ensuring safe handling of pharmaceuticals. Accountable to coordinate the daily activities which include: ongoing inventory of supplies and equipment; adhering to cleaning procedures for equipment; maintains logs, and performance improvement activities.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for providing direction while overseeing activities associated with the day-to-day operations of anesthesia support operations. Prepares work schedules and gives daily assignments to ensure all required tasks are completed.
• Acts as a resource to staff responding to procedural questions and assistance with problem resolution. Acts as a liaison with other departmental staff concerning equipment and/or supply issues. Provides advice concerning logistical support and product flow.
• Assists the Clinical Coordinator with the investigation and resolution of physician related concerns or problems that may arise.
• Primary resource for the OB/GYN department as it relates to OB/GYN anesthesia services in the Family Birth Center (i.e., C-section conducted in FBC, supplies, ensuring equipment is in working order, and assisting with resolving problems.
• Performs training and orientation for new and existing Anesthesia Technicians. Conducts in-services as may be needed regarding equipment operation, maintenance and repair.
• Provides documented input and feedback for disciplinary and performance appraisal processes.
• Responsible for the cleanliness, availability and proper working condition of all anesthesia equipment and supplies.
• Ensures the workrooms are cleaned and restocked and cleaned and sterilized all intubation tubes and LMAs.
• Troubleshoots problems relating to availability or working condition of equipment and supplies.
• Responsible for the documentation, monitoring and support of maintenance, calibration, safety and repairs of all anesthesia equipment and ensure adherence to all standards and legal requirements.
• Responsible for the making recommendations on the purchase or replacement of respiratory therapy/anesthesia equipment and supplies. Participates in the research and evaluation of new equipment or supplies.
• Participates in and assists the Clinical Coordinator with developing departmental goals, objectives, anesthesia operational budgets
• Participates in developing and maintaining departmental technical policies/procedures and standards/protocols as it relates to anesthesia services.
• Participates in the development and maintenance of a quality control program to assure patient safety and the timely and accurate delivery of all necessary supplies and equipment to the operating room.
• Monitors surgery schedule to ensure operating rooms are equipped with appropriate anesthesia supplies, equipment and accessories. Prepares operating rooms for anesthesia procedures.
• Assists the Clinical Coordinator in ensuring that the anesthesia workroom meets with all regulatory and accreditation standards particularly as it relates to the safe handling of pharmaceuticals and equipment, maintaining necessary tracking/logs for LMAs, pulling outdated stock/supplies and expired pharmaceuticals.
• Provides support to the Anesthesiologist and perfusionists. Anticipates, troubleshoots, and prepares procedure rooms with appropriate supplies, equipment, and pharmaceuticals (excluding narcotics and sodium pentothal prepared by a RN or Anesthesiologist).
• Maintains appropriate inventory levels for pharmaceuticals, supplies and equipment.
• Responsible for proper documentation; monitoring and support for maintenance, calibration, safety and repairs of anesthesia equipment. Complex issues are reported to appropriate personnel.
• Cleans and sterilizes intubation tubes, scopes and laryengeal masks (LMAs).
• Stocks case carts for the anesthesiologists ensuring accuracy of equipment/supplies are provided based on type of case
Posted 7 minutes ago
Posted 7 minutes ago
Posted 7 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!