GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Children's Home of Easton, managed by Guest Services, is now hiring a Lead Cook to assist with food and beverage operations and to provide excellent service to all their customers!
Candidates must be highly service oriented, motivated, and reliable. Candidates must be 21 years and older and willing to submit background checks and FBI Fingerprint Check. Additionally, Candidates must have a PA background for school workers and willing to submit to the PA Child Abuse Check to be qualified to work in this childcare environment.
This position pay ranges from $14.00/hour.
Guest Services, Inc. offers competitive pay and amazing benefits such as medical, dental, vision, a 401K savings plan, paid time off, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, and more! Apply today to join our All Star Team!
In accordance with Guest Services, Inc.'s (GuestServices) duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of knownhazards, we maintain a vaccination policy to safeguard the health of ouremployees and their families; our customers and visitors; and the community atlarge from infectious diseases, such as COVID-19. All team members are requiredto comply with the vaccination policy which requires vaccinations subject toapproved medical exemptions. All incoming team members must be fully vaccinatedfor COVID-19 within 6 weeks of their hire date. Until such time as the employeeis fully vaccinated, weekly testing and daily masking are required. Any teammember not in compliance with this policy will be subject to disciplinaryaction, up to and including termination of employment.
The Cook assists the Chef or General Manager by preparing, cooking, and serving food.
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Prepare and cook food items according to recipes, daily menus, and supervisor instructions.
- Clean and inspect kitchen equipment, kitchen appliances, and work areas in order to ensure cleanliness and functional operation.
- Operate food station, including performing station checklist, temperature log, counter meeting, and signage.
- Requisition food supplies, kitchen equipment, and appliances, based on estimates of future needs.
- Monitor menus and spending in order to ensure that meals are prepared economically.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education required; High School Diploma/G.E.D. preferred.
- Culinary knowledge.
- Food Safety certified and strong sanitation habits.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Standard commercial cooking machinery and utensils.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.