With over 90 years of customer-focused performance, Boyd Corporation has evolved as a market leader in engineered rubber, plastic, metal, flexible environmental sealing & energy management solutions. Boyd is a unique supplier, valuing our people as our most important resource. With our best-in-class technical sales associates, sales support service teams & field application, quality, & manufacturing engineers, Boyd offers total global solutions to enhance the performance & manufacturability of your products. Our cost-effective, tight-tolerance, global manufacturing capabilities ensure superior total landed cost as well as reliability throughout the product life cycle.
Assemble sub components to make the top level assemblies per customer specifications using the provided process and tooling.
- Perform first piece inspection on assigned jobs using visual or dimensional specifications using quality fixtures or measuring equipment.
- Perform laser welding accurately as required.
- Populating fixtures with various components per work instruction using tooling, hand and power for laser welding machine.
- Create top level assembly using sub components made and purchased to the customer print.
- Work with Engineering on new assembly processes troubleshooting and improving procedures.
- Understand and adhere to lot trace ability.
- Maintain a safe clean working environment complying with all safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintain open communications with team leaders, engineering and supervisor.
- Perform all tasks as required by your supervisor.
- Job Complexity: Works on assignment that are repetitive in nature; good judgment required, attention to detail.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
- Contacts/Interaction: Frequently interacts with Team Leader, Engineering and Peers.
- Decision Making: Has minimal decision-making responsibility.