Contra Costa Electric, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance.
Since 1946 the name Contra Costa Electric, Inc. has stood for value, quality and service. Our success is a result of our commitment to these principles. Headquartered in Martinez, CA with branch offices in Bakersfield and Fresno, CA, we combine the global reach and strong financial resources of EMCOR, vast local project experience and collaborative labor relations with the skill and knowledge of our professional personnel to fill the wide range of electrical construction needs of California.
Junior Level 1 Estimator:
CONTRA COSTA ELECTRIC, INC. has an immediate fulltime position available as Junior Level 1 Estimator to support our projects the Martinez CA office location. This position reports directly to and mentors with a Senior Estimator.
This position will primarily include estimating support along with supporting the Project Management as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in gathering, calculating and compiling data for use in bid proposal estimates.
- Quantities take-off and enter into computer estimating system.
- Identify qualified suppliers/subcontractors and solicit quotes. Review quotes with supervisor for completeness and conformance with plans and specs.
- Participate in developing project update and bid package estimate documents.
- Maintain files of working documents for back-up to estimating figures.
- Assist in the monitoring of conceptual estimates with actual cost data.
- Perform additional assignments per Senior Estimators direction.
Computer Applications used to perform daily tasks:
- The requirements listed below are representative of characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-motivated and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize workflow and perform as a team player
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines on a daily basis
- Ability to independently (without direct supervision) to complete projects on a timely basis
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and seeks clarification.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Professional personal appearance
- Working knowledge of Lotus Notes electronic mail a plus.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, (i.e. Word and Excel).
- Other company utilized Software and Databases as needed.
Join Contra Costa Electric, Inc, a division of EMCOR Group, the world-leading provider of planning, consulting, mechanical and electrical construction, and facilities services. EMCOR is a network of 79 companies and employs over 26,000 staff in more than 100 locations throughout the US and Canada, in Europe, the Middle East and South Africa. We offer our team members medical, dental, optical, 401K, vacation, and holiday pay. Apply now to join our great team today! For more information, please visit our website at emcorgroup.com
Contra Costa Electric, Inc, requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. Contra Costa Electric, Inc, is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.