EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of space worldwide. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and government sectors.
Job Title: Journeyman Plumber
Job Summary: The Plumber / Pipefitter applies theory, code and related knowledge to layout and installation of plumbing and fire sprinkler systems. Understands sequence of operation, troubleshooting, and reading piping schematics, blueprints and specifications. Plumber performs preventative, corrective and predictive maintenance, troubleshoot and service of commercial and industrial plumbing and piping systems. Must be well organized to keep accurate service and maintenance records and communicate effectively to determine needs. Follows all company safety standards and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install new and replacement equipment and parts per manufacturers specifications to honor manufacturers warranties.
- Install piping, including fire sprinkler system piping, water lines, compressed air line, drain lines, and process piping systems in accordance with established standards.
- Maintenance and service of drain lines, leaks, back flows, water heaters, boilers, filters, etc. for on demand and scheduled request.
- Follow schedule to complete accurate and timely equipment maintenance and operating logs.
- Complete documentation, including but not limited to, timesheets, expense reports, service reports and purchase card logs.
- Conduct general tasks including, but not limited to, safety training, service on-call rotation, and maintaining tools and vehicle.
- High school diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent; Plumbing Apprenticeship Program
- Seven plus years plumbing & fire sprinkler piping experience working on commercial and or industrial equipment and systems.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ohio fire sprinkler/standpipe license.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions including, but not limited to, safety policies and procedure manuals. Ability to write service reports.
- Ability to effectively present information to supervisor and/or customer.
- Knowledge of plumbing & fire sprinkler systems. Basic mathematical abilities in all units of measure. Read blue prints and technical schematics as well as specification manuals.
Frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. Occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment:
Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. Occasionally loud noise level. May require safety equipment including, but not limited to, steel toe shoes, hearing, eye and hand protection.
*EMCOR requires all new hires who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain/show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job has expired.