Are you a self-motivated individual with machinist experience? Then we have a job for you! Georgia Pacific is seeking a safety oriented individual to join our team as a Machinist in Halsey OR.
This is a highly skilled hourly position requiring the ability to operate a variety of machining tools. This position creates value for the facility by producing precision metal parts, instruments, and tools to maintain production equipment leading to the increased uptime and reliability.
position pay rate of $38.33 per hour
. Georgia Pacific offers a generous benefits package including medical/dental/vision insurance with FSA or HSA, short-term disability, 401k with employer match, paid time off, a Monday through Friday scheduled with overtime opportunities, paid continuing education, education reimbursement opportunities, and no travel required. You will be required to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed. You will be required to provide your own metric and standard tools
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Machine and fabricate parts and components: including shafts, bushings, pins, couplings bearings and keys
- Ability to work from blueprints, sketches, written and verbal instructions
- Safely and accurately operate various machine shop equipment to include presses, drill machines, grinders, key seater, lathes and milling machines
- Ability to hold close tolerances of .0005" or less
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge or mathematics and precision measurement tools
- Knowledge of Machining procedures for mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum, cast iron, bronze, and brass
- Organize and maintain up-to-date prints/sketches
- Experience cutting threads; external and internal standard, metric, left-handed, and Acme
- Ensure proper housekeeping in your work areas
The Experience You Will Bring
- High School diploma and equivalent
- One or more for the following
- A minimum of four (4) years of maintenance machinist experience
- An Industrial Mechanical/Machinist Maintenance Certificate from an accredited vocation/community college with a minimum of three (3) years of machinist experience
- Military machinist training and experience
- Support our safe working environment by maintaining strict adherence to safety rules and regulations
- Perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and or pulling for up to 12 hours a day
- Willing to take call-ins after hours and weekends
What Will Put You Ahead
- Fabrication and Welding experience
- Experience working in a production industrial environment
- Experience with Reliability/Precision maintenance
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what matters most. Our benefits plan includes - medical, dental, vision, flexible spending and health savings accounts, life insurance, ADD, disability, retirement, paid vacation/time off, educational assistance, and may also include infertility assistance, paid parental leave and adoption assistance. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities, and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation philosophy.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected veteran status.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job has expired.