Facility: RS FRESNO CA - ERS
Pay: $22.00 hr.
Bonus (if applicable): $1500.00 Sign On Bonus
Benefits: Employees working a normal work week (30 hours or more) will enjoy a competitive benefits package for an energized workforce with options for you and your family including:
• Paid time off • Paid holidays • 401(k)
• 401(k) matching • Health Insurance • Dental Insurance
• Vision Insurance • Life Insurance • Flexible spending account
• Health savings account • Tuition Reimbursement • Reduced tuition rates
• Employee discount • Employee assistance program • Pet insurance
• Disability Insurance • Paid training • Other benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer.
***Now Hiring with Increased Wages!***
***$1,500.00 SIGN-ON BONUS!***
(payable in quarterly installments)
Are you looking for a career you can feel good about? We hire only those that strive to do their best. By joining our family, you'll receive the honor and recognition that comes with working for the industry's global leader in evidenced based rehabilitation.
Who We Are:
GEO provides complementary, turnkey solutions for numerous government partners worldwide across a spectrum of diversified correctional and community reentry services. From the development of state-of-the-art facilities and the provision of management services and evidence-based rehabilitation to the post-release reintegration and supervision of individuals in the community, GEO offers fully diversified, cost-effective services that deliver enhanced quality and improved outcomes.
Why Work for GEO:
- At GEO, we believe that diversity in our workforce and the inclusion of a variety of views, perspectives, and backgrounds are integral parts of our company's success.
- We believe that work is more than a place you go every day. It is about being inspired and motivated to achieve extraordinary things.
- Employee benefits play an important role in making The GEO Group a great place to work. At GEO, we believe in the three pillars of employee wellbeing: physical, emotional, and financial. With comprehensive benefits and competitive wages, we trust that you will find all the resources you need here to be successful.
This position conducts and oversees employment training and job development programs for all probationers/participants in need of those services. Learns, uses and models principles of the “What Works” system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with participants and other staff members.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts individual criminogenic risk/need and educational/employment assessments.
- Creates Individualized Employment Plans and Programming Plans for each participant using the principles of the "What Works" system.
- Assess probationers/participants to determine training and Career Technical Education (CTE) needs.
- Assist in formulating plans to achieve occupational goals and refer
probationers/participants to appropriate employers, training and educational facilities or other community agencies and organizations.
- Develop a network of prospective employers (e.g. trade associations, labor unions) within the Program Area that will work with probationers/participants to secure gainful employment.
- Liaison with Fresno County Probation and Sheriff Department on employment related policy issues.
- Collect and maintain employment data for the Program Area.
- Provide counseling, coaching and guidance to assist probationers/participants in analyzing and evaluating their skills and aptitudes for employability.
- Provide information on occupational opportunities, job requirements, training and rehabilitation resources.
- Provide employment services including résumé writing, mock interviews, time management, how to get along with others in a work environment, and how to follow instructions.
- Assist probationers/participants with assembling documents as necessary to legally work within California (e.g. California ID, Social Security Card, etc.). Mentor the probationer/participant in disclosing appropriate information regarding past convictions and/or parole status to the employer.
- Work with probationers/participants once they have been employed to address issues that may arise after job placement.
- Obtain verification of probationers/participants employment; and
- Identify and establish a working relationship with local area employers to assist with the recruitment of probationers/participants.
- Assists other Reentry Center staff with general operations to meet the needs of the program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.