Janus Platform Product Manager, Senior
Remote within OR, WA, ID or UT
At Cambia, our members need us more than ever, and to continue serving them, we need to be vaccinated. Following federal mandate, all Cambia Health Solutions employees, including 100% remote workers, need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 1/1/22.
Do you like solving complicated technical and business problems? Do you enjoy working closely with diverse business and technical partners? Are you motivated by continuous learning and growth? Do you want to work for a mission driven company who is committed to making a better healthcare system? We encourage you to apply for our open position! We are currently looking for an experienced platform product manager to join our Consumer Solutions team. Our tech platform is built on a cloud native microservice and serverless architecture that is striving for a fully automated continuous deployment ecosystem.
The Senior Platform Product Manager role supports Cambia's Janus platform. Janus is the foundational technology supporting various systems of engagement including the Regence.com digital experience. This role is responsible for delivering and improving core Janus platform foundational services including identity provisioning, audit logging, event logging and routing, API gateway, etc. The role also works closely with the Janus DevOps and Quality teams, as well as Developer Productivity initiatives.
The Senior Platform Product Manager collaborates closely with Cambia's business partners, data science and engineering, user experience, operations, technical program management, and strategy to identify and develop Janus platform capabilities to solve real world challenges.
To that end, we are looking for a technical product leader who is skilled and experienced in:
- Collaborating with business and engineering leaders to translate business goals into well developed and prioritized Janus product capabilities and features, which align to Cambia's business goals
- Supervising iterative development of requirements and user stories to ensure technical team is building "the right thing".
- Engaging and leading software engineers and architects to develop platform features, from conceptualization through launch and beyond. Creating and overseeing practical plans, work streams, tactics and measurement of success criteria.
- Creating product specifications in the form of Cucumber scenarios and ensures that products meet quality targets and provide desired value and functionality for end users.
- Diligently tracking and reviewing metrics, and gaining alignment for same from business leaders, and internal development teams. Regularly reviewing progress against agreed to metrics, and ensuring team priorities and actions are aligned to achieve or exceed goals.
- Leading prioritization and tradeoff discussions with business and technical stakeholders to balance business value, implementation workload, and operational support load and drive optimal outcomes.
To be successful in this role, the Senior Platform Product Manager should have demonstrated skills and experience in the following areas:
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above
- Leading technical roadmap strategy and development.
- Bringing an "engineering design approach" to problem solving: specify problem in solution-independent manner, generate set of options to solve the problem, evaluate tradeoffs per option, and decide on path to follow using appropriate amount of data-informed decision-making and informed judgment.
- Demonstrating the ability to innovate and think resourcefully in approaching problems at all levels. Creatively solving problems and successfully removing roadblocks in a highly matrixed, fast paced environment.
- Earning trust and respect of engineering team, creating strong relationships with technical team members to evaluate solution architectures against business and product goals.
- Managing up: ensuring Cambia leadership is aware, in a timely manner, of pending issues, pitfalls, and blockers which may compromise the success of the product.
- Understanding and familiarity with all the following: microservices architecture, microservices development models, infrastructure as code, and continuous integration/continuous deployment.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills; outstanding presentation abilities.
The Senior Platform Product Manager requires a Bachelor's degree in STEM, computer science, data science, AI or other technical field, or equivalent work experience. Preferred experience would include 10+ years in technical product management in healthcare, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must have experience that aligns directly to the technical platform products being managed.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com