Responsible for leading a project team through the implementation of highly complex, large-scale, strategic IT and business corporate initiatives. Plans, directs and coordinates activities of departmental technology projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed timeframes and funding parameters. Has overall responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating activities pertaining to technology projects that may span multiple business units or the entire enterprise.
- Works with businesses to gather requirements and scope large scale and complex projects. Facilitates the selection of the ultimate solution for the business and conducts cost/benefit analysis on the alternatives.
- Oversees the execution all aspects of the project implementation for large scale corporate initiatives, which may include: cost benefits analysis, work plans, functional and technical designs, construction testing and implementation. Ensures efficient and high quality installation of new software and /or systems, and monitors all technical aspects of implementing projects.
- Provides both verbal and written communications regarding project status, risks, and issues, and makes recommendations on project decision to Program Manager and Senior Management.
- Works with the business areas in the operational readiness activities to provide support and coordination to ensure adoption of new systems and business processes.
Adhere to all REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE issues linked to the job and the team and understand how these issues help the bank achieve the vision of remaining an independent bank. (required for all positions)
- Bachelor's degree plus 7 years minimum experience (as described below.)
- Project Management Certificate (PMP) from PMI required. PMI member in good standing.
- Clarity, ITIL preferred.
- 7 years of IT business experience in project management including development, implementation and maintenance of systems, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms, or
- 10 years comparable experience.
- 3 years of experience in managing moderate to large scale projects.
- Clarity, ITIL Foundations certification preferred.
- Proven ability to manage internal and external development projects from inception to successful implementation.
- Strong project management skills with the demonstrated ability to multitask and manage multiple small and large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Strong understanding of the software development process, including requirement gathering, analysis/design, development tools/technologies, release/version control, contemporary testing methodologies and deployment management
- Strong proficiency with both Agile and Waterfall/SDLC methodologies
- Strong ability to coordinate and execute cross-functionally with technical managers, business managers, SME's, customers, etc.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules, as well as ensure that plans are in place and standards are adhered to
- Excellent ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Excellent ability in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all management levels
- Demonstrated ability to coach other team members
- Strong ability to influence those not within direct control
- Proven ability to establish a high level of trust and confidence in both the business and IT communities
- Excellent ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention, and effort between current project workload and ongoing support tasks
- Strong financial analysis skills and familiarity with financial reporting tools
- Strong ability to deliver presentations of complex information to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage to a project budget
- Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
Staff member is expected to consistently adhere to regulatory and compliance policies and standards linked to their job as listed. Staff member will not repeatedly act in a manner signifying intentional or willful noncompliance, nor exhibit gross negligence or a general disregard for compliance and regulatory standards. Staff member must ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Staff member must complete all required compliance training on a timely basis. Staff member will maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Staff member must take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.BUDGET MANAGEMENT (managers only, not supervisors)N/A
If manager is accountable for managing a direct expense budget: Manage the direct expense budget for assigned area, address variances, and take appropriate action. Coach team related to cost effective spending within the business unit.
If manager is not accountable for managing a direct expense budget: Coach team related to cost effective spending within the business unit.
Internal Use only: Band D
This job has expired.