The IT Senior Auditor will be responsible for executing IT audit activities, as assigned. This person will ensure that internal controls are in compliance with policies, procedures, agency guidelines, and laws while supervising audits and internal audit staff. This position requires experience in the audit and/or risk management profession. In addition, strong written and oral communication is required in order to effectively undertake sophisticated audits which are material to FSB.
Areas of expertise will include: IT audit, ITGC, operational audit, IT and Information security, risk management, data management, application management, users access management, operations and infrastructure, segregation of duties (SOD), mitigating controls, project implementation reviews, system integrations, system configurations, disaster recovery and business continuity management, and third-party risk management.
Responsible for supervising organizational audits; developing and maintaining positive relationships with auditees; coordinating with FSB Internal Audit leadership and staff; exercising professional auditor judgment; ensuring quality in compliance with regulatory and Institute of Internal Auditors professional guidance (the IPPF); maintains objectivity and independence in forming audit conclusions and reports.
This position will be Hybrid. (50% at our Troy MI location and 50% work from home MI).
- Document, review, perform testing, evaluate, and communicate on the organizations systems of internal controls to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, agency guidelines and applicable statutes, and regulatory requirements.
- Work with department management and designated employees on audit objectives and manage the audit planning process, including announcement memo, audit scope, and work paper assignments.
- Coordinate audit communications throughout the audit, including planning memos, opening meeting, status update meetings, and exit meetings. Perform wrap up activities, including work paper detailed (1st level) review, compiling audit reports and audit finding follow-up.
- Researches issues and makes recommendations to improve policies or procedures accordingly.
- Collaborate and leverage resources to maximize audit effectiveness & efficiency and enhance staff development.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
Internal Use Only:
- Bachelor's degree required; field of study preferred is Information Technology or a related field.
- CIA or CISA Certifications Preferred
- Specialized Training: COBIT/NIST Preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in Information Technology (IT) or IT internal audit or similar type of function for Sr Auditor.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in IT or IT internal audit, , or similar type of function for Auditor.
- Financial institution industry experience is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank/Corporate operating policies and procedures and Federal and State regulations.
- Previous experience working with a public accounting firm is preferred.
- Ability to supervise staff, when needed.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written & verbal).
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Requires significant independent thinking - interprets and adapts from established practices.
- Travel: 0 to 10%
Band F for Sr Auditor, Band G for Auditor