The Inventory Specialist Lead assists with the inventory accuracy of all stores by updating daily store activity on file from nightly transmission and maintaining all inventory files. This position also conducts research and resolves issues affecting stores' inventory on hands. This position works under general supervision, interact with his or her supervisor several times a week, perhaps daily, to receive guidance and feedback. Many non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval. They will receive status reports on weekly tasks needed to be completed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Effectively communicate research results in a timely manner (one business day) to field customers, Inventory Control associates, and other internal departments arising from their inventory, transfer, or Distro inquiries.
* Foster partnerships with field customers to resolve inventory accuracy issues.
* Document communication with the field so it can be used for research purposes.
* Analyze data using Inventory Control programs and tools (SKU Research, GISMO, Refurb WM, IC Track, and Access programs) research title and quantity discrepancies and take appropriate action to reflect accurate inventory quantities.
* Research and resolve inventory issues that result from stores' sales, inventory transfers and miscellaneous inventory adjustments.
* Identify and research current and potential inventory issues and to resolve those issues in a timely manner.
* Instruct and train IC Specialists in their essential job duties.
* Assist with inquiries from the IC Specialists using our IC's and GameStop's policies and standards.
* Assist the IC Specialists with escalated inquiries from our field customers.
* Provide feedback to supervisors and other dept. management team on any issues affecting the ability of IC to complete their 'Real Time Accuracy' mission.
* Assist with maintaining accurate warehouse inventories.
* Any additional duties necessary for maintaining inventory accuracy.
* Communication - Clearly conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
* Information Monitoring - Collect and review information needed to manage an organization or ongoing activities within it.
* Managing Work - Effectively manages one's time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
* Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE)
* High School Diploma or GED required; Associate degree in business, accounting, information systems or a related business discipline preferred.
* At least 2 years of call center,customer service, or retail experience required; experience in inventory control or inventory management preferred
* Retail experience preferred
* Previous experience with GameStop as an IC Specialist preferred
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Proficient call center knowledge
* Proficient knowledge of Windows-based business computers and Microsoft Office programs; specifically, Access, Excel, Outlook, and Word
* Possess the learning capacity to receive and apply cross-functional training; willingness to assist other functions and work groups as needed so the department achieves or exceeds its overall business objectives
* Expert ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written/recorded data/information including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others
* Possess accurate typing and data entry skills
* Perform basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply and divide)
* Ability to use basic office equipment and machinery, including fax machine, photocopier, and 10-key pad on a computer keyboard
* Ability to answer telephone and initiate phone calls in a professional and courteous manner
* Working knowledge of sorting and filing using alpha and/or numeric order
* Working ability to organize and control job responsibilities
* Proficient ability to remain flexible and adapt to changing priorities with promptness, efficiency and ease
* Proficient ability to work under demanding time constraints and production goals
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest, and ethical responsibilities