Inventory Control Coordinator
Reports to: Operations Manager
Job Objective: Accountable for maintaining accurate inventory records by monitoring the flow of products in and out of the warehouse, conducting physical inventories and resolving any discrepancies to ensure data integrity in DM2. Responsible for conducting inventory analysis and making recommendations to balance financial and service level goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: In addition to the essential job functions described below, all associates will perform duties requested by management. Assigned responsibilities and duties may vary based upon location size and operation.
* Ensure that warehouse is organized and utilizing "rack, row, bin" or "multi-bin" inventory procedures in DM2 and responsible for maintaining warehouse bin locations
* Organize, conduct, and manage the physical inventory process (audited and unaudited).
* Responsible for verifying quantity accuracy and working to reconcile when AP team identifies issues related to quantities on PO receipts.
* Work with Purchasing to correct inaccurate vendor shipments and support receiving department in resolving purchase order discrepancies
* Plan and execute a weekly inventory cycle count program of selected high value items, in addition to daily/weekly bulk reconciliation.
* Assist and supplement central purchasing's replenishment efforts by proactively communicating changes in customer purchase cycles that may not be immediately visible in PBI/SIA reporting
* In instances where centralized purchasing owns and manages an inventory transfer shuttle between warehouses to balance inventory levels within the region, provide local support as needed
* As needed, provide local assistance to help centralized purchasing execute ongoing inventory reserve and DII initiatives to improve overall inventory position and reduce obsoleteness.
* As needed, coordinate product conversion efforts when suppliers require changeovers.
* Champion of warehouse business rules, ensures understanding and compliance by all warehouse associates
* Complete freight claims.
* Responsible for explaining & resolving open orders/backorders past required date with available DM2 QOH
* Research inventory issues for billing and correct on-hand balances.
* Track damaged material, aged inventory, and quarantine material.
* Inspects material returned by customers, authorizes credit based on condition of items, and communicates to billing to process the credit
* Handle vendor material returns and short shipments.
* Perform ongoing maintenance of inventory kits and recipes as needed.
* Work with purchasing on aged inventory to assess condition of product for redistribution.
* Work with purchasing to execute Repacks. Serve as the gatekeeper to ensure repacks have been entered into the system with forms printed to authorize the warehouse to physically execute the repack.
* Responsible for monitoring product integrity and presentation for outbound shipments.
* Support the warehouse with other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by management.
* Represent the company in a professional manner at all times ensuring quality customer service
* Abide by all policies, rules, and regulations of the company including all applicable safety rules, regulations and procedures
* Support corporate programs, goals, and initiatives of the company
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* DM2 experience desired but not required
* Product familiarity
* Understanding of the company business processes and procedures
* Ability to analyze solutions (problem solving skills)
* Detail oriented
* Strong phone, customer service, and email etiquette necessary for problem resolution
* Organizational skills
* Ability to handle stress successfully
* Ability to manage time effectively
* General computer skills (Operating System and Microsoft office)
* Able to initiate and embrace change
* Ability to multi-task
* Interpersonal skills
* Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management or equivalent work experience
* 3 years of operations experience
* Vision: minimum vision required to prevent injury from oneself and others
* Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds with or without correction
* Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word
* Lifting small weighed objects constantly; 20-pound objects frequently and 25-50-pound objects occasionally
* Climbing ladders, stairs and ramps
* Balancing, pushing and pulling
* Crouching, kneeling, reaching and grasping objects
* Walking: move about inside the office and/or branch facilities as well as airport/travel needs
* Sit/Stand: Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50 percent of the time
* Capable of traveling as required
Attendance Requirements: Attendance on a regular, consistent basis is mandatory.