7240 - Dayton - 3555 Miamisburg Centerville Rd, West Carrollton, Ohio, 45449
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Under general supervision, responsible for interior cleaning/vacuuming, exterior cleaning, paint touch up, wet sanding buffing and Final Quality Inspections of CarMax used, new, and customer vehicles.
On as needed basis, responsible for zone maintenance, prep for delivery, vehicle receiving, inventory scanning, vehicle movement (both on and off lot), cleanliness of facility, and providing customer service.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Merchandising - Ensure daily maintenance and security of the display areas and work-in-progress zones
- Prep vehicles for delivery to customers and for transfer
- Secure and receive vehicles that are shipped to CarMax
- Complete the daily scanning of the vehicle inventory
- Complete Final Quality Inspections
- Perform paint touch up, wet sanding and buffing
- Execute standardized work as defined
- Provide Auction Support
- Responsible for work place cleanliness and organization in accordance with CarMax 5S standards
- Coordinate work performed by vendors
- Drive vehicles on and off lot
- Complete wash & vacuums for customer and loaner vehicles
- Perform basic vehicle detailing according to CarMax standards for used, new, and customer vehicles
- Provide outstanding customer service to both internal and external customers
- Complete duties as assigned by Managers
Position requires the following pre-requisites and ability:
- New Associate Orientation Training - Operations
- Accountable to Associate 1 Competency Model
- Complete Kronos Training for Hourly Associates
- Complete Reconditioning Associate I Workstation Certifications (satellite applicable activities)
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Lift objects that weigh as much as 50lbs
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Complete CarMax provided training in all functional areas of the inventory process, allowing for cross-training and full coverage of the inventory and detail area
- Indoor and outdoor environment; may include working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- Requires walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Wears CarMax clothing (acquired through company) at all times working in the store.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in required areas.
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional Appearance.
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.