The Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for managing direct reports and leading audits within FSB for Finance and Shared Service Audits. This person will ensure that internal controls are in compliance with policies, procedures, agency regulatory and legal guidelines, while providing oversight and leadership to multiple ongoing audits. This position requires experience in the audit and/or risk management profession. In addition, excellent written and oral communication skills are required in order to effectively undertake audits which are material to FSB. Areas of Finance expertise will include but not be limited to: Financial Accounting and Reporting, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Forecast and Budgeting, Asset Liability Management, Corporate Tax, Liquidity and Investments, Capital Planning and Current Expected Credit Loss (CECL). Areas of Shared Services expertise will include: Enterprise/Operational Risk Management, Human Resources, Third Party Management, Automated Clearing House (ACH), Legal Operations and Corporate Governance.
Responsible for: managing multiple organizational audits; developing and maintaining positive relationships with auditees; coordinating with FSB Internal Audit leadership and staff; exercising professional auditor judgment; ensuring quality in compliance with regulatory and Institute of Internal Auditors professional guidance (the IPPF); maintains objectivity and independence in forming audit conclusions and reports.
This position will be Hybrid (50% at our Troy, MI location and 50% work from home MI).
Lead Senior and Staff auditors in the completion of assigned internal audits. Activities include (but are not limited to).
- Manage 4 to 5 direct reports who are conducting multiple concurrent in-flight audits.
- Work with department management and designated employees on audit objectives and manage the audit planning process, including announcement memo, audit scope, and work paper assignments.
- Lead and where necessary document, review, perform testing, evaluate, and communicate on the systems of internal controls to ensure adherence to policies and procedures, agency guidelines and applicable statutes, and regulatory requirements.
- Effectively identify audit findings and provide value-added recommendations to strengthen business practices and controls.
- Perform requisite audit wrap up activities, including necessary work paper review (may be 1st level detailed review or 2nd level general review) and compiling/reviewing audit reports.
Work with IT / ACL analysts to maximize opportunities for audit integration, automation and/or continuous monitoring.
Assist the Chief Audit Executive or management with department or cross functional initiatives and special projects.
Complete performance reviews and requisite administrative activities for all assigned direct reports. Coordinate resources to maximize audit effectiveness & efficiency and enhance staff development.
Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Completes all required compliance training. Maintains knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Takes responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies. Job Requirements:
- Masters degree in a related field is preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required. Field of study in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration strongly preferred.
- Professional Certifications/Licenses: CIA, CPA, CISA, CRCM, or CFE
- 8+ years of experience working in internal audit, bank operations, financial, compliance, risk, or similar type of function.
- 1 or more years of experience in a managerial role is preferred
- Data analytics utilization in a corporate setting is required.
- Experience implementing data analytics in a corporate setting is preferred.
- Financial institution industry experience is highly preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of Bank/Corporate operating policies and procedures and Federal regulations.
- Previous experience working with a public accounting or risk advisory firm is desired.
- Ability to manage and lead staff
- Capability to influence and effect change; be viewed as a trusted advisor
- Superior interpersonal communication skills (written & verbal).
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills along with a focused attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Requires significant independent thinking - interprets and adapts from established practices.
- Possess business acumen and judgment plus ability to resolve and communicate key issues to all levels
- Travel: 0 to 10%
Internal Use Only: Band D
This job has expired.