About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking an Instrumentation Technician for a maintenance project site in Reading, PA. This is a 40 hour per week, no per diem position. There is a $1000 sign on bonus offered, $500 after 90 days of employment and $1000 after 180 days of employment.
The Maintenance Instrumentation Technician requires the ability to troubleshoot, repair and maintain machinery and mechanical equipment, and production machines and equipment. This individual is responsible for the completion of day-to-day inspections, maintenance, and upkeep of plant equipment, and is capable of understanding, troubleshooting and making corrections to Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Programmable Logic controls (PLC) and control software.
- Responsible for the completion of inspections, maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs on electrical and instrumentation systems.
- Read and interpret P&IDs, equipment manuals, electrical schematics, instrument loop diagrams and other specifications to determine the repair method on failed components.
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot and make corrections to Distributed Control systems (DCS), Programmable Logic Controls (PLC) and control software.
- Install, replace or repair process control instrumentation such as transmitters, controllers, control valves, flow meters, etc.
- Execute preventative maintenance, testing and calibrations as required by the Quality and Process Critical Instrumentation programs or other established procedures.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, electrical schematics, and other specifications to determine the repair method on failed components.
- Ability to perform precision maintenance in the installation and alignment of equipment, utilizing safe rigging methods using hand or power tools.
- Correctly and accurately complete required paper work, correctly documenting all maintenance actions, parts and times.
- Ability to prioritize daily work load and maintenance requirements based on safety, equipment criticality, quality and production schedule requirements.
- Complete all Safety and general job training as required by SIC.
- Observe SIC and Customer safety and quality processes and procedures at all times.
- Have thorough knowledge of the occupation hazards and corresponding safety precautions necessary for the safe performance of maintenance duties.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, and warehouses, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property and buildings. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working on ladders, and in awkward body positions.Experience and Qualifications
An individual with 5+ years of hands-on experience as an I&E maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment. An Associates Degree in Instrumentation Technology or Electronics Engineering Technology with a minimum of three years' experience or High School graduate / GED with equivalent years of education and industrial maintenance experience.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.