INST-LEARNING/TCHNG EXCELLENCE (SE-ILTE-IUSEA)
The Institute for Learning and Teaching Excellence (ILTE) is a resource center for IU Southeast faculty at all stages of their careers. We work to bring together faculty to share expertise, explore innovations, and discuss the challenges of teaching in and across disciplines. Our job is to help you be more successful. For more information, visit our department website here .
- Assists Instructional Technology staff in consulting with faculty to initiate, test, and use new and innovative approaches to learning, instruction, and assessment; assists in creating recommendations for appropriate technologies in developing course materials, delivery mechanisms, and course/instructor/student assessments to support effective teaching.
- Assists with quality assurance testing and requirements gathering for course management, portfolio, and collaboration systems.
- Promotes instruction design practices, procedures, and workflows in conformance with strategic and operational plans.
- Assists in the maintenance of and provide support for multimedia assets, such as web pages, videos, mashups, and audio presentations, for online courses.
- Provides various instructional technology administrative support as needed (schedules project meetings, organizes/compiles resources, etc.).
- High school diploma or GED
- 4 years instructional/course design and/or IT user support experience
Working Conditions / Demands
- Proficient communication skills
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism
- Demonstrates time management and priority setting skills
- Demonstrates a high commitment to quality
- Possesses flexibility to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Highly thorough and dependable
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to build strong customer relationships
This role requires the ability to effectively communicate and to operate a computer and other standard office productivity equipment. The position involves sedentary work as well as periods of time moving around an office environment and the campus. The person in this role must be able to perform the essential functions with or without an accommodation.Work Location
IU Southeast Campus
New Albany, IndianaAdvertised Salary
$39,770 per year, plus benefitsJob Classification
Career Level: Mastery
Job Function: Information Technology
Job Family: Instructional Technology
Click here to learn more about Indiana University's Job Framework.Posting Disclaimer
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be differences in the working conditions as advertised in our standard job postings (e.g., the ability to travel from one campus to another, etc.). If you are invited for an interview, please discuss your questions or concerns regarding the working conditions at that time.
This posting is scheduled to close at 11:59 pm EST on the advertised Close Date. This posting may be closed at any time at the discretion of the University, but will remain open for a minimum of 5 business days. To guarantee full consideration, please submit your application within 5 business days of the Posted Date.
If you wish to include a cover letter, you may include it with your resume when uploading attachments.New employees will be provided with information regarding Indiana University's COVID-19 vaccine policy, which includes the opportunity to request an exemption. To learn more, view our COVID-19 vaccine information page.Equal Employment Opportunity
Indiana University is an equal employment and affirmative action employer and a provider of ADA services. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment based on individual qualifications. Indiana University prohibits discrimination based on age, ethnicity, color, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. Indiana University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs and activities, including employment and admission, as required by Title IX. Questions or complaints regarding Title IX may be referred to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights or the university Title IX Coordinator. See Indiana University's Notice of Non-Discrimination here which includes contact information.Campus Safety and Security
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report, containing policy statements, crime and fire statistics for all Indiana University campuses, is available online. You may also request a physical copy by emailing IU Public Safety at email@example.com or by visiting IUPD.Contact Us