Newark, an Avnet company, is a global high-service distributor of technology products, services and solutions for electronic system design, maintenance and repair.
Combines inside sales/customer service and technical/systems knowledge to sell products, services and solutions to new and existing customers/account base through a variety of inbound and outbound multimedia communications (e.g., telephone, email, fax, portals). Effectively develops and manages trusted relationships for assigned customers/accounts. Promotes company options and solutions to customers on a regular basis. Identifies sales opportunities to deliver focused market/brand solutions to the customer resulting in increased market share, sales and margin for suppliers and maximizing value to the company. Consistently delivers revenue or profit that supports and drives the account/customer to meet financial sales metrics.
Job Level Specifications:
- Delivers solutions or finds new opportunities for a positive customer experience utilizing independent judgment and sales methodology.
- Initiates and answers sales inquiries directly from/to prospective and/or existing customers to promote product offerings, services and capabilities.
- Promptly and accurately responds to prospective or existing customer information requests.
- Monitors/follows up on sales activities throughout the process to meet or exceed customer requirements from initial contact to order fulfillment.
- Maintains and expands sales with existing accounts through a high level of customer service and customer knowledge (e.g., Distribution Total Available Market (DTAM), projects in pipeline, critical start dates).
- Working in a team environment, proactively coordinates sales efforts and strategies with internal resources such as product, materials, field sales and suppliers.
- Effectively communicates with customers regarding current product information and provides accurate and detailed pricing, quotes, and input on products and final solutions.
- Coordinates existing customer requirements for inventories, delivery lead time and unit prices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Acquired and applies working knowledge of the organization, job, practices and procedures to be proficient in all aspects of job.
- Performs functions semi-routine in nature and recognizes the need for occasional alternative solutions.
- Work is performed independently, with minimal supervision. Able to establish priorities and manage time to complete work.
- Collaboration with other departments or customers/teams may be required to perform role. May frequently respond to requests from others, internally or externally.
- Impact of decisions may affect the department. Errors may result in loss of time, resources and/or customer satisfaction.
Education and Certification(s):
- Typically requires a minimum of two years of related experience.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Possesses thorough knowledge of solutions or assigned products in a specific brand.
- Exhibits the ability to identify new qualified customers for inclusion in Avnet's portfolio of smaller and less complex accounts.
- Maybe required to occasionally travel to customer sites or attend training including some overnight travel.
- Intermediate knowledge of systems such as SAP, ERP, order management.
- Working knowledge of Excel skills allowing for problem solving, formulas, analysis, formatting and manipulation of data.
- Working knowledge of QuoteFX, SupplierWin, PowerPoint, WebEx.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Avnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy of non-discrimination also applies to religious dress and grooming practices. Avnet will accommodate employee religious dress standards and grooming practices that do not result in undue hardship for the Company. If you are interested in applying for employment with Avnet and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position contact our Human Resources Service Center at (888) 994-7669.