Mueller - Territory Manager - Water Products Division
Territory 22 - North Georgia (Atlanta)
Mueller, the nation's leading manufacturer of flow control devices for the water and gas distribution industries, has an immediate opening in our Distribution Sales Channel for a Territory Manager in the Company's North Georgia territory. This sales territory encompasses approximately half of the state of Georgia with the Atlanta metro area being the largest opportunity within the territory.
This exempt-level sales position has direct territory sales responsibility in the assigned territory. Primary sales are directed toward established distributors within the territory. Working under the direction of a District Supervisor, the Territory Manager is provided the opportunity to learn or expand upon his/her knowledge of the water distribution industry and sales knowledge/strategies, all while earning a competitive base salary plus commissions! Company car and full benefit offerings make for a well-rounded total package for the right individual.
Duties will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Call on end product users to promote new and existing product lines and develop favorable specification position.
- Provide complete service to established distributor network including: quotations, product training, technical and literary support, product complaint, inventory maintenance, and delivery issues.
- Perform product training for end users and distributors to promote advantages of Mueller product and enhance specification position.
- Develop cooperative relationships with key distributors and end user personnel to enhance product demand.
- Establish sales goals and specification objectives to meet company sales budget.
- Identify significant bid opportunities and provide complete project information, including price strategy.
- Provide after sale service support, including warranty and claims management.
- Actively participate in trade organizations to promote Mueller products.
- Continuously update end users database for territory.
- Provide Regional Sales office with monthly sales forecast and market overview.
- A minimum of two (2) years outside sales experience in the water distribution industry or related field (construction, piping, etc.).
- Aptitude and comfort with selling technology-based sales solutions and platforms.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software and other technology-based productivity tools (i-Squared, Salesforce.com, NetSuite, OnContact, Maximizer CRM, TeamWox, etc.)
- Valid driver's license with no major violations.
- Ability to routinely travel 75% of work schedule (estimated 3-4 days/week of travel with one office day).
- Ability to cover large geographical sales territory.
- Intermediate computer experience with particular proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint programs.
- High level of outgoing interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Comfortable with public speaking engagements and the ability to deliver presentations to large (30+) groups of customers and other external contacts. Have ability to stand and give presentations for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift in excess of 40 lbs. to maneuver products during demonstrations.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business, engineering, or communications-related field.
- Mechanical aptitude.
Mueller encourages only those applicants with a strong match to the items listed above to apply.
Primary work hours will be Monday through Friday. Work hours will vary based on customer hours. Evening customer meetings may be required during sales travel. This position is salaried exempt and does not qualify for overtime pay.
Individuals interested in this position should apply through the Mueller Water Products' Career Portal (https://muellerwaterproducts.com/careers
) or the website where this position is being viewed. Resumes mailed, faxed, or dropped off will not be reviewed.
Mueller Company offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Current benefit offerings include: medical and dental insurance, 401K plan with company match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan program, short-term disability benefits, vacation, tuition reimbursement program, company-provided life insurance, long-term disability and supplement insurance at group rates, and much more.
Mueller Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sexual orientation, race, color, age, disability, religion, national origin, citizenship status and creed.
This job has expired.