Fort Worth, TX
Morley Moss is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Morley Moss is part of EMCOR Construction Services, a $800 million firm with offices throughout the United States and is ranked as one of the nation's largest electrical contractors.
Since 1984, Morley-Moss has built its foundation on consistently exceeding the expectations of clients with an emphasis on the core values of honesty, integrity and value. Morley-Moss provides the highest level of customer service through quality, cutting edge technologies, continuing education and an unrelenting safety policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Traveling to clients' locations
- Meeting with clients to discuss their mechanical or electrical automation needs
- Drawing electrical or mechanical schematics to demonstrate how processes will work
- Developing and installing machine programs using automation software and custom coding languages
- Determining machine automation test criteria before the final installation
- Testing automated systems for efficiency, safety, and reliability.
- Troubleshooting system errors
- Overseeing the successful installation of PLC programs.
- Documenting development processes.
- Providing clients with technical support.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in software engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or a similar field.
- PLC technical certification
- At least 5 years' experience as a PLC programmer.
- Electrical and Mechanical experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing and mechanical processes.
- Knowledge of software design principals.
- Proficiency in CAD and AutoCAD software.
- Detailed knowledge of PLC automation software and coding languages.
- Experience in PLC and HMI programming.
- Proficient in windows-based configuration, program loading, and networking.
- Relational Database skills (design/implementation).
- Additional experience in other programming languages such as Visual Basic, SQL Server, or C++ is a plus.
- SQL & VB/.Net programming a plus.
- SCADA/HMI experience a plus.
- Available for overnight travel (approximately 45%).
- Preferred PLC experience includes: Allen-Bradley, GE FANUC, Modicon, Siemens (Other Brands)
- Preferred HMI experience includes: Intellution iFix, Wonderware, Citect, Trihedral (Other Brands)
- Fundamental understanding of manufacturing business needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel/Office.
- Experience using Bluebeam.
- Demonstrated experience handling stressful situations and deadline pressures.
- Proven account management skills that create, maintain and enhance customer relationships.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Must be detail-oriented and demonstrate ability to effectively organize and manage multiple projects.
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Must have a positive attitude, be a self-starter and motivator.
- Must demonstrate commitment to EMCOR values.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to commute to field locations. The employee must have the ability to navigate around job site locations.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be regularly required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/DisabledNotice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.