Facebook Reality Labs is a world leader in the design of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems. Come work alongside technology visionaries and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. We are looking for an Image Sensor Product Engineer that will partner with a team of professionals covering the complete CMOS image sensor lifecycle in human perception and machine perception imaging. This individual will lead the requirements definition, selection and integration of leading edge image sensors into our product camera modules. Their work scope will span off the shelf (OTS) image sensors, semi-custom sensors, fully custom sensors, and advanced sensor technologies.
Image Sensor Product Engineer Responsibilities:
- Lead technical efforts to productize novel image sensors.
- Collaborate with internal and external image sensor design teams, computer vision scientists, module/optical experts and system architects to develop next generation sensor technologies.
- Access technology/IP maturity during architecture selection.
- Review chip level DFM and DFT in development phase.
- Resolve technical issues with suppliers during new product build cycles.
- Drive vendor on wafer level test/reliability evaluations for new technology development, technology qualification, process changes to ensure manufacturing robustness.
- Integrate system and module requirements to sensor level performance and mass production test.
- Drive yield improvement and cost reduction across products.
- Hands-on bench level hardware bring up experience.
- BS in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in image sensor or related field.
- Analytical skills. Experience in drawing conclusions from complex dataset and present at a high level. Experience streamlining data analysis workflow with scripting software.
- MS in Optics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline
- Understanding of device physics, analog and digital circuit design, noise analysis, optics, and digital imaging theory
- Experience with CMOS image sensor design, camera system integration, image quality, performance evaluation, and system calibration
- Experience working with external manufacturing, testing and contracting partners
- Knowledge of Image sensor semiconductor high-volume manufacturing processes, practices, and techniques for both wafer manufacturing and testing
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.