Ice Cream Group Leader (1st Shift)Location
DFA Dairy Brands company has immediate job openings for Group Lead IC Filler to perform an array of functions including maintaining, operate all equipment and perform all roles (i.e. Receiver, Filler Operator, CIP Operator, and Pasteurizer) in the plant production environment, Clean, set-up, operate and monitor equipment on the production line, Follow Good Manufacturing Practices, Perform other duties as assigned.
Friendly’s is a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a dairy marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Our mark matters and it represents the wholesomeness of dairy that we share with our communities and loved ones. DFA manufactures a variety of dairy products, including cheese, butter, fluid milk, ice cream, dairy ingredients and more, under well-known and established regional brands. Our fingerprints touch thousands of brands across the marketplace, and we’re passionate about delivering the simple pleasures of dairy to people everywhere, straight from our family farm-owners. At Friendly’s, we create Ice Cream products and are proud to provide families with fresh, delicious dairy.
By joining DFA, you can help us continue to make a difference that matters. We care deeply about the well-being of our neighbors and friends, and we celebrate the diversity of our company and our world. It takes an incredible team to deliver the goodness of dairy and enrich our communities – come join us!
• Maintain competency related to ingredient mix for pasteurization and batching process.
• Monitor weights, seals, caps, and general packaging of product.
• Troubleshoot and resolve basic to moderate operating difficulties.
• Collect required samples needed for Quality Assurance testing.
• Ensure that the proper packaging materials are used for each product being produced.
• Will have working knowledge and experience with wrapper operations; watching for jams and effectively threading wrap to prevent cost downtime due to handler error.
• Perform filler and filler line changeovers in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ensure machine is supplied with correct material needed to run and complete log books as required.
• Complete cleaning checklist once line has completed run.
• Prepare equipment for next run to include size changes as needed.
• Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
• Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
• Analyze process data and equipment performance data to improve quality, throughput, and troubleshoot.
• Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
• Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
• Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
• Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
• Multitask and balance distribution of labor based on production needs.
• Report labor issues to Production Supervisor and collaborate on resolution.
Posted 21 minutes ago
Posted 21 minutes ago
Posted 20 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and upload your resume!
*By registering with our site, you agree to our