EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: HVAC Technician
In a safe, efficient and professional manner, the HVAC & Mechanical Technician will conduct preventative, corrective, and general maintenance of HVAC systems for the Customer. Other duties include conducting daily assessments of systems, maintaining a clean working environment, and other various duties as assigned by the Facility Manager, while adhering to all safety and health standards. In addition, this position will perform minor electrical and plumbing repairs. The HVAC Technician will be responsible for performing maintenance on HVAC equipment and controls located throughout the Customer properties. Perform tests, rounds, and analysis of data to assure the proper functioning of equipment, while following manufacturing standards and change processes produced by the Customer or Facility Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, install, move, troubleshoot, and repair all related HVAC equipment. Document machine history and following through on maintenance needs and deficiencies as appropriate
- Respond to heating/cooling problems and perform repairs as necessary
- Monitor operations, adjust and maintain refrigerant, heat exchangers, HVAC equipment and systems, boilers, chillers, chilled water, and air conditioning equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings as necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment and make adjustments where necessary to assure proper operation of equipment. Notify appropriate parties of any problems or malfunctions
- Ensure facility maintained according to established industry standards. Identify deficiencies through regular and thorough inspection of building premises
- Maintain inventory of tools, parts, and materials needed to perform daily tasks, including filters and refrigerant. Reorder as needed, and advise Facility Manager of any equipment issues
- Perform routine minor electrical and plumbing repairs
- Maintain strong working knowledge of the mechanical functions associated with HVAC systems and equipment
- Manage mechanical repairs being performed by subcontractors
High School Diploma or GED. Must have successfully completed formal training programs on HVAC operations. Documentation or certificates will be required. Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must have successfully completed formal training programs on HVAC operations. Documentation or certificates will be required.
- Seven (7) or more year's related experience is required.
- Valid driver's license and a Type 1 & Type 2 Refrigeration License
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.EFS requires all new hires who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to obtain/show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination
.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Compensation Range: $33.00 to $37.00 DOE
Other Compensation: Not bonus eligible
Benefits: As a leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction, facilities services, and energy infrastructure, EMCOR Group is committed to its employees. This commitment is embodied in our competitive benefits package, which includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, as well as flexible spending accounts, life insurance, disability income, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan, 401(k) Savings Plans, and employee assistance and wellness programs.