Illingworth-Kilgust Mechanical is an innovative commercial HVAC, facilities, and MEP services company. Through innovative design, quality execution, and 90+ years of experience providing total mechanical solutions, we help clients across Wisconsin meet their facilities' full lifecycle requirements.
We are looking for employees to be part of a rewarding, productive work environment. Together, we solve complex challenges, complete ambitious projects, and deliver top-quality service. Our drive to create more efficient, sustainable, comfortable environments for our customers continues to fuel our strong market position-and is the foundation on which our employees build fulfilling careers.
To encourage the development of your full potential, we offer vast opportunities to learn new skills and experience innovation at work.
Job Title: HVAC Sales/Project Manager - Madison, WI
Job Summary: The HVAC Sales/Project Manager will develop sales, develop business relationships, manage projects, provide estimates for some HVAC projects/change orders as necessary and problem solve issues for clients while retaining relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively pursue and acquire new HVAC business by developing and maintaining strong client, vendor, and co-worker relationships.
- Possesses a sound understanding of proposed projects including plans, specifications, and other contractual documents as necessary.
- Develop estimates/project budgets on small to large construction project opportunities
- Prepare and submit detailed proposals
- Proactively cross-sell products and services to existing and potential customers
- Keep informed of industry trends, check on competitive activity, and develop new methods of attaining new business
- Effectively communicate with customers and fellow IKM team members
- Work closely with other members of sales, estimating, and project execution team
- Review construction documents and understands scope of work to bid
- Develops construction plans of simple HVAC systems/installations
- Prepares cost reports, schedules, and assists in project contract negotiations
- Participates in project forecasting and planning
- Active attendance at job site meetings and project progress meetings
- Works closely with general contractors, architects and engineers to resolve design related construction issues using value engineering principles
- Works with CAD department to ensure expeditious and accurate work for projects is complete
- Keeps the customer fully informed of project progress and any issues that may affect the project schedule or its costs
- Identifies, develops, and submits change orders and secures their approval in a timely fashion
- Purchases major HVAC equipment and other materials for projects
- Works with installation team to plan, organize, and coordinates manpower and equipment needs to achieve project objectives
- Manages administrative aspects of projects (initial project setup, billing, change orders, and collections, etc.) by working closely with administrative and administrative support staff
- Develops and performs review of shop drawings for compliance
- Attends meetings to coordinate design issues with customer and other disciplines
- Conducts onsite observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans
- Performs additional assignments as requested and maintains a positive, team-oriented attitude
- At least 3 years of project management experience.
- Ability to read and understand specifications, construction plans and contract requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field preferred
- Equivalent field experience will be considered
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled