EMCOR Services New England Mechanical (NEMSI) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. We offer a complete package of facilities services, including including HVAC, mechanical and electrical construction services, engineering, design, installation, repair and maintenance.
Job Title: --HVAC Plant Operator-in house
Job Summary: --New England Mechanical Services is currently seeking HVAC Plant Operators with OE2 or S2 licenses. The plant operator is accountable for independently performing a full range of duties in the power plant. Multiple positions working 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts. Located in the Hartford and New Britain CT areas.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Performs highly skilled duties to ensure safe operation of multiple power plant equipment for economic and efficient production of high pressure steam, electrical power and chilled water to meet energy needs
- Tours plant to observe operation of equipment and detect faulty or erratic operation of systems such as reciprocating engines, boilers, steam absorption chillers, electric chillers, pumping systems, large motors, cooling towers, medium voltage switch gear systems
- uses visual and audio observation to monitor vendor and manufacturer calibrated settings in accordance with state and federal regulations
- records performance indicators on log deficiency report
- makes preventive maintenance repairs such as changing fan belts, valves, gauges, greasing of motors and minor plumbing
- samples and performs a chemical test to eliminate hardness in water
- cleans pumps, applies lock out tag out procedure when necessary, adds sand to tower water filters; replaces filters
- compares logged deficiencies with distributed control system pre-set control points in control software in control room, makes adjustments to control system's set points for proper equipment performance
- makes adjustments to maintain electrical production to a defined kilowatt measurement to minimize commercial power consumption
- monitors control system for necessary production process control and performance, refers to defined ranges set by vendor and in accordance with state and federal regulations
- detects faulty and erratic equipment operations through improper reads on display screens and responds to equipment site to diagnose and repair equipment problem; contacts supervisor and or outside vendor to repair as appropriate or to follow power outage procedures
- monitors energy management system for building environmental controls. records critical data and contacts appropriate trade worker for repairs
- takes general maintenance phone calls and directs calls to appropriate trade worker and completes work orders if necessary; performs related duties as required
-- - Have minimum three (3) years of experience in a utility plant or industrial setting including the operation, maintenance and repair of high pressure steam boilers, chillers or other mechanical equipment. Valid driver's license. S2 or OE2 license.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including Paid vacation, paid sick time, paid holidays, stock purchase plan with match and 401k with match, and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.