EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: HVAC Mechanic (Fort Hood)
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services seeks an HVAC Mechanic in Ft. Hood, TX.
The HVAC Mechanic trouble shoots, repairs, installs, and performs preventative maintenance on all the HVAC systems within the CRDAMC-hospital, the Central Utilities Plant (CUP), and other buildings related to the contract by performing the following duties. This is a journeyman position and requires mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aptitudes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Monitors safe and efficient operations of HVAC/refrigeration systems in accordance with departmental requirements; corrects deficiencies according to PM/CM and manufacturers specifications.
- Conducts preventive maintenance on all HVAC and refrigeration systems, as well as fan coil or dx units, and other equipment as assigned.
- Installs and services new HVAC/refrigeration equipment. Perform all aspects of repairs to Air Handling Units (AHU) to include filter replacement, bearing replacement, motor replacement, belt replacement and proper alignment.
- Coordinates inspections, repairs and installation in consultation with staff in affected areas to minimize disruption of hospital operations.
- Complete Work Order and Preventative Maintenance (PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner. Participates in the computerized maintenance management system (DMLLS) for work and equipment documentation
- Participate in the building management system (Tempset system). Monitor design parameters for status and efficiency. Assist in programming recommendations for the system.
- Track refrigerant loss, procurement, and storage per government standards.
- Install, maintain and repair all field devices for the Building Automation Systems.
- Participate in the testing of HVAC shutdown by duct smoke detectors.
- Performs both mechanical and electrical maintenance on the hospital cafeteria equipment.
- Performs heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) maintenance on air conditioning units, fans, air handlers, water heaters, converters, duct work and system controls.
- Request assistance from plumbers, painters, electricians, carpenters, and plant operators when necessary.
- Be able to read and understand architectural and mechanical drawings.
- Be able to read and understand manufacture's submittals and literature. Review and provide recommendations to preventive maintenance inspections and procedures.
- Be able to specify and order material and replacement parts for equipment as necessary.
- Coordinates inspections, repairs, and installation with staff in affected areas to minimize disruption of hospital operations.
- Ensures compliance with department safety and quality standards to optimize effective utilization of resources and productivity.
- Be able to understand and implement infectious control policies and procedures.
- Follow and implement standard Lock Out / Tag Out procedures.
- Complete Work Orders and Preventive Maintenance (PM) paperwork in a timely and professional manner.
- Attends weekly Tool Box safety meetings.
- Obtain OSHA 10 General Industry Safety and Health certification. (EMCOR provided training)
- Must have 3 - 6 years of relevant experience.
- Requires mechanical, electrical, and plumbing aptitudes
- A current Texas Journeyman HVAC license is preferred.
- Must have a current Universal CFC (608) certification.
- Must complete an OSHA 10 General Safety and Health training class (supplied by EMCOR).
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee maybe exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to the risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled.Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.
This job has expired.