We are seeking an HVAC Controls Technician to join our Federal Systems team based at one of the most iconic buildings in the world - the Pentagon (military experience is not required). We've supported the Pentagon for nearly 20 years with their energy efficiency and sustainability needs.
At Johnson Controls, we support our nation's most critical facilities, the people who occupy them, and the missions they enable. Johnson Controls Federal Systems (JCFS) is a specialized team serving as a trusted partner to the federal government. We help modernize U.S. military installations, Department of Defense and other federal agency facilities to be smarter, more resilient, efficient, sustainable, and secure.
Shift: Day shift, primarily 6:30am-3:00pm, Monday-Friday.
Benefits: Eligible for on first day of employment.
Vacation: 3 weeks of paid vacation per calendar year.
As a Controls Technician, you will:
* Perform preventive maintenance, repair, install, commissioning, point-to-point checkouts, troubleshoot and/or replace HVAC controls systems & equipment, building control systems, and occasionally fire/security systems; most work will involve Johnson Controls Metasys building automation system and controls
* Diagnose and repair electronic control system malfunctions primarily using electronic or digital control systems
* Test and write modifications to systems software
* Assist with field changes and discrepancies for engineering corrections and drawings
* Provide training and associated manuals and documentation to customers on electronic control systems operations
* Help mechanical staff troubleshoot issues
* Ensure work performed complies with company, state, local and federal regulations, industry standards and guidelines, and customer requirements
* Properly complete all required company, customer, and service documentation
* Compile project documentation, such as certificate of completion, customer training forms, training certificates and punch lists
* Conduct self-study (reading, research and practice) to improve and maintain technical proficiency in company's product lines; completes certifications as required
* Use electronic test equipment to troubleshoot problems during installation
* Read and properly interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, software/systems programs, schematics and operational product manuals
* Adhere to Johnson Controls and customer safety standards, provide safety awareness leadership and instruction to technicians and subcontractors on Johnson Controls work sites
* Five (5) or more years of experience installing, troubleshooting, commissioning, and/or doing point-to-point checks with Direct Digital Control (DDC) systems.
* Knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital controls systems, HVAC controls systems, facilities management systems, site preparation, peripheral equipment installation and servicing techniques.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain required security clearances (background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit checks).
* Programming and/or troubleshooting various brands of HVAC controls products (Johnson Controls Metasys, Honeywell, Siemens, Delta, Distech, Carrier, ALC, Andover)
* Experience with BAS communication protocols including at least one of the following: BACnet MSTP, BACnet IP, N2, P1, Modbus, and/or LON
* Demonstrated experience working with Johnson Controls Metasys or Tridium® Niagara Direct Digital Control (DDC) system
* Experience using SMP, SCT, and/or CCT
* Associate degree (or equivalent experience) in electronics, mechanical systems, computer technology, engineering technology, HVAC, or a related field.
Who we are
At Johnson Controls (NYSE:JCI), we are One Team working collaboratively to create purposeful solutions that make a difference in the world. We are a Fortune 500 company with more than 100,000 employees worldwide offering the world`s largest portfolio of building technology products, solutions and services. As a member of our Federal Systems team, your work matters. We value and recognize your contributions and want to help you succeed. We invest in our employees, provide opportunities for growth and advancement, and foster a culture of inclusion and respect.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please check out our "Take a Journey" video:
Recently, Johnson Controls has been recognized by several organizations for leadership in Environment, Sustainability and Governance, as well as innovations in smart building platforms:
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit .
Division: JCFS (Johnson Controls Federal Systems)
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!