About St. Christopher's Hospital for Children
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children, a partnership between Tower Health and Drexel University, is a 188-bed facility that provides exceptional care to children throughout the Greater Philadelphia area and surrounding counties.
St. Christopher's has more than 220 pediatric experts on staff, combining top-notch pediatric care with a wide array of pediatric specialties including Cardiology, Ear, Nose and Throat, Gastroenterology, Oncology, and Orthopedics. It houses the only Verified Pediatric Burn Center between New York City and Baltimore and is one of only three Level I Pediatric Trauma Centers in Pennsylvania. St. Christopher's is a Magnet® designated hospital and was recognized as a Women's Choice Award Best Children's Hospital.
In addition to its main location in Philadelphia, the hospital has a growing network of primary and specialty care locations throughout the Philadelphia suburbs and New Jersey so your child's health conditions can be treated close to home.
The HR Specialist provides a high level of administrative and operational support to the HR Director as well as to the other members of the Human Resources team. This role is responsible for completing all projects and assignments as requested, including communications with team members, vendors and other Hospital departments. Schedules and coordinates internal and external appointments and meetings for the Department. Participates in project development, dissemination of project information and takes an active role in project-related work groups and committees. Uses discretion, judgment, and handles duties maintaining confidentiality.
Independent working ability to proactively anticipate departmental needs. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Anticipate departmental, HRD and team needs and proactively initiate and resolve.
(2) Act with a sense of urgency in handling all routine and non-routine work as instructed with minimal direction.
(3) Notifies appropriate person immediately with any urgent issues that need addressed.
COORDINATION OF DEPARTMENTAL PROJECTS:
Coordinate departmental projects and assignments as applicable and assigned. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Prepares weekly, monthly reports as appropriate.
(2) Manages arrangements for special projects/functions/seminars as directed.
(3) Assists managers and supervisors for the project in arranging meetings, projects, functions, etc.
(4) Prepares letters, memos and reports as directed.
(5) Schedules and coordinates internal and external appointments and meetings for the staff members.
(6) Other duties as assigned.
HUMAN RESOURCES PROJECT SUPPORT:
Provide support to HR related projects. The Responsibility and Accountability 'meets standards' when:
(1) Performs various work related to implementation of HR projects in order to ensure timely attainment of goals and milestones.
(2) Provides operational support to functional areas to include Recruitment and Compliance.
(3) Assist in the development, support, and delivery of communication plans and training programs related to HR projects.
(4) Assist with project coordination activities including definition of schedules, budget, risk, change opportunity, and resource allocation.
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, patient confidentiality, and other Federal, State and Local laws and regulations, as
appropriate. The content of this job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work expectations performed by incumbents in this
classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all position duties required and performed by the incumbent in the role. Nothing in this job
description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. It does not alter the 'at will' employment relationship between the company and the employee. The organization has the right, at its sole discretion, based on business and patient needs, to alter or change the expectations at any time.