Facility: REEVES COUNTY DETENTION III
Compensation Base: $18.36
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is a technical specialist who through special knowledge, skill, and experience provides a unique service to the Company. Under limited supervision, provides para-professional support in functional areas of Human Resources (HR) which include recruitment, onboarding, personnel records, employee relations, regulatory reporting requirements, benefits administration and other areas as needed.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports local recruiting and outreach efforts in coordination with the centralized recruiting team to meet or exceed monthly and annual recruiting targets in the most efficient and effective manner possible. Ensures a positive candidate and hiring manager experience.
- May assist in the administration and/ or tracking of employee development training.
- Engages employees and resolves issues expediently, with professionalism and tact. Escalates concerns as appropriate. Acts as a conduit to provide facility management, Regional HR and Corporate HR insight into employee concerns.
- Performs employee onboarding to include data entry into the HR Information system and new employee orientation. Ensures data entered is complete and accurate and employees have a thorough understanding of Company policies and procedures, to include the information included in the employee handbook.
- Resolves employee personnel inquiries and submits necessary inputs, changes, additions and deletions into the HR Information System. Reports unusual or unresolved problems to HR Manager for further action.
- Maintains records of insurance coverage, retirement plans, and personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and other related personnel and payroll issues.
- Processes performance reviews, wage/salary transactions and disciplinary actions in the Company’s HR information system in a timely manner and within approval authorization.
- Processes leaves of actions in the Company’s time keeping system and ensures compliance with FMLA, ADA and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Provides guidance to employees on company HR policies and procedures (e.g. Time Off with Pay, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.).
- May attend hearings as the HR representative.
- May compile information to file workers’ compensation claims for employees and for the insurance carrier.
- Prepares routine and special reports by conducting necessary analysis of trends and identifying problem areas where the margin for error is small and level of importance is high.
- Provides necessary referral support for the Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Performs other duties as assigned.