- Under general supervision, operates the Honing machinery to print specifications. Performs required quality workmanship through the use of precision measuring instruments. Follows scheduled workflow assignments in order to meet customer demands and production control requirements. Works towards meeting established standards and performance requirements.
Key Position Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Hone parts to print specifications and established performance standards.
- Performs required quality audits through the use of precision measuring instruments and special test equipment.
- Performs production according to assigned priorities and communicates deviations to appropriate personnel.
- Collaborate with Leadman to monitor/augment departmental performance and makes adjustments to equipment and workload as needed.
- Ensures that all required materials are available prior to initiating production. Communicates open issues to alternate shifts.
- Performs daily prior-to-use equipment maintenance tasks.
- Participates in daily 6S activities and adheres to all safety regulations.
- Participates in development of Job Safety Analysis.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the operations of Hone machinery.
- Knowledge of tooling and precision set-ups with consistent quality results.
- Experience in the use of precision measuring instruments, i.e., bore gages, comparator.
- Knowledge of machinery speeds and feeds utilizing a variety of high strength materials.
- Ability to read prints and engineering drawings.
- Ability to read, work and follow instructions in English.
- Ability to perform machining on a variety of high strength materials.
- Knowledge in machining a blind-hole radius.
- Knowledge of and ability to modify set-up honing stones.
- Knowledge of making molds for in-process inspection of ID.Beneficial Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in set-up and operating horizontal and vertical honing machines.
- Experience in an Aerospace manufacturing environment preferred.
- Bilingual - English and Spanish
- Experience in the fastener industryITAR Requirement:
- Due to ITAR regulations, this position requires that the employee must be a U.S. Person (U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident) or a Foreign Person for whom a license is obtained.Quality Requirement:
Employees will participate as required in understanding, implementing and maintaining theCompany Quality Policy in accordance with AS-9100C and/or ISO-9001:2008 requirements.Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
This is primarily a position that requires employees to stand for 8 hours and machine production parts.This position requires lifting parts up to 40 lbs. and the employee must often bend and reach to load materials on equipment.The employee also moves throughout the building to collect, deliver, and handle production parts.Employer’s Statement:
This job description does not list all of the duties of the job. You may be asked by supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description.
The company reserves the right to change, rescind, add or delete the duties and responsibilities of positions within this job classification at any time. The job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.
We offer competitive compensation and excellent benefits including Medical, Dental, and a company matched 401k plan.Sonic Industries, Inc.
Sonic is an Equal Opportunity Employer m/f/d/v