Position Title: Help Desk Technician Lead - Senior
Work Location: Hill Air Force Base, UT
KaiHonua, LLC has an immediate opening for a Help Desk Technician to resolve or satisfy communications and IT requirements. The Help Desk Technician assesses and troubleshoots computer support problems and applies understanding of computer software and hardware products and services to resolve problems of users; provides assistance to users using computer software or equipment; expected to properly diagnose problems and guide users through problem resolution; set up, image or repair computer equipment and related devices; train users to utilize new computer hardware or software, including printing, installation, word processing, and email; and respond to phone, web, fax and email requests for assistance using remote tools and automated trouble ticketing system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Not listed in order of importance; other duties may be assigned) and must be able to perform the following with minimal guidance:
- The position shall provide Consolidated Service Desk (CSD) first contact resolution for Hill AFB to resolve or satisfy communications and IT issues and requirements to include support for all base users/devices, approximately 18,000 users and 24,000 end devices.
- The Offeror shall respond to all CSD customer calls and tickets for support with the objective of resolving 75% or more of the calls/tickets on first contact.
- The Help Desk Technician shall respond to NIPR and SIPR customer support requests in a professional and courteous manner.
- Create tickets (incident and/or work orders) for NIPR and SIPR issues received via telephone, web portal, and/or e-mail and document tickets in detail through the AIS (Remedy). A Remedy Incident is an unplanned interruption to an IT Service or reduction in the quality of an IT service. A Remedy Work Order is a new service or capability request.
- Use Government provided remote-support software tools to access customer end devices to resolve/complete customer tickets
- Have the capability to properly support temporary surges of workload. Workload (calls & tickets) surges occur when a significant number of users across the enterprise are affected by an issue causing the CSD workload volume to significantly increase
- Participate in the development, administration, and maintenance of a knowledge database work management support tool by writing and verifying knowledge articles as required
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements Qualifications/Certifications/Education:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have 7+ years of experience of demonstrated/practical hands-on experience
- Must possess Security+ or GSEC or SCNP or SSCP certification
- Must possess and maintain an IT-I level II certification and an IAT II certification IAW DoD 8570.01
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related work experience (relevant experience - field preferred - and education may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Must be a US citizen
- Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Strong self-starter requiring minimal supervision
- Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
- Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time. Position may require typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have sufficient mobility, including but not limited to bending, reaching, and kneeling to complete daily duties in a timely and efficient manner. May include lifting weight up to thirty (30) pounds as necessary. Security Clearance
Position may require a DoD security clearance. Company Summary
Headquartered in Hawaii, KaiHonua, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects located around the world, our team possesses innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technology solutions. KaiHonua, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
KaiHonua LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Positions functions and qualifications may vary depending on business needs.
KaiHonua LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
This job has expired.