Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Provide and manage health education programs for the university. Collect and analyze data to identify community needs prior to planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating programs designed to encourage healthy lifestyles.
Fully competent and productive professional contributor who applies acquired job skills, policies, and procedures to complete substantive assignments/projects/tasks of moderate scope and complexity. Works independently with general supervision; exercises judgment within defined guidelines and practices to determine appropriate action. May provide guidance and assistance to entry level professionals and/or support employees.
60 % of Time Health Educator will:
35 % of the time Health Educator
- Develop and present health education and promotion programs; training workshops, conferences and school or community presentations.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with agencies and organizations interested in public health care.
- Prepare and distribute health education materials
- Supervise professional and technical staff in implementing health programs, objectives and goals.
- Communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.35
5 % of the time
- Collaborate with campus and community partners on mental health and suicide prevention education initiatives, policies and programs
- Assist and/ or lead campus-wide initiatives related to mental health and suicide prevention education
- Serve as a mental health education resource and refers individuals and groups to appropriate, campus or community resources based on needs
:Other duties as assigned Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing for others to understand
- Knowledge of alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media
- Good knowledge of: principles and methods for curriculum and training design; structure and content of the English language; administrative and clerical procedures.
- Experience: talking to others to convey information effectively; using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 2 years experience Preferred Qualifications:
1. Masters degree in public health, health education, or similar field
2. Experience in a college or university health and wellness setting
4. Knowledge and experience in alcohol education best practices
5. Experience giving educational presentations to diverse groups
6. Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating health promotion programs Salary and Benefits:
Starting salary is $50,502.40. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
Tuition Fee Waiver: for self, spouse, and dependents
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Time Off
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Please provide a resume with employment history, a cover letter indicating interest and qualifications and three professional references.Advertised:
August 24, 2022 Mountain Daylight Time Applications close:
September 24, 2022 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time
This job has expired.