Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in our Chicago, IL office. This role can be performed remotely.
Health & Benefits Actuarial Consultant
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- The Health & Benefits (H&B) Actuarial Consultant will serve as a vital part of our client teams, managing the financial analyses on various actuarial projects, assisting with strategy development for medical, dental, life and disability programs, and actively participating in the growth of more junior colleagues.
- The Consultant will create and review deliverables, provide direction to more junior colleagues on their teams and be a liaison to the senior actuarial consultants and non-financial colleagues on their client teams.
We will count on you to:
- Career development and opportunity for growth
- We are the global leader in the human resources consulting
- As part of Mercer, we offer top-notch benefits: multiple medical, dental, and vision plans with choices to fit all needs and budgets - benefits coverage starting Day 1
- In addition, Mercer has other benefits and discounts on products and services, and more
What you need to have:
- Build and maintain relationships with our clients and colleagues and other partners
- Represent the Mercer brand
- Effectively communicate the results of financial analyses to our clients
- Successfully manage financial projects from start to finish
- Be accountable for timely and accurate delivery of our projects to clients
What makes you stand out:
- BA/BS degree and success in passing actuarial exams
- 3 - 5 years' relevant H&B and actuarial work is required
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, strong command of Excel, and effective communication skills
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to communicate complex topics in a simple manner
- Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills
- Prior experience in a consulting environment
The National US average range for this role is 79,800.00 - 119,700.00 USD Annual. The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications & education. We do not anticipate candidates hired into this role would immediately earn a salary at or near the top end of the range however, such a decision will be dependent on a case by case basis.
In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer's more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a business of Marsh & McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. For more information, visit https://www.me.mercer.com/. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.