We're looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
The Head of Workplace Experiences & Conference Services will oversee the strategy and logistical planning of all internal meetings, groups, and events within Alteryx's new office space at Irvine Spectrum Terrace.
The incumbent will lead the workplace experiences and conference planning team with focus on operational efficiencies, seamless employee experiences and strong team participation/partnerships. The leader is responsible for establishing and implementing process and structure to the overall conference services and internal employee events operations globally while delivering direction and training to their respective team. The position reports to the VP & Head of Global Real Estate.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the standards for our workplace experience and conference services program
- Design and implement event experience related guidelines, best practices, and standards for employees and cross-functional service teams
- Continuously evaluate and identify innovative ways to streamline and enhance service to maximize the employee experience
- Responsible for delivering results related to all employee experience and customer satisfaction KPIs
- Consistently offer professional, friendly, and engaging service
- Lead and manage all aspects of the Conference Services and Employee Events departments and ensure all service standards are followed
- Handle employee concerns and react quickly, logging and notifying proper areas
- Conduct monthly, departmental communication meetings
- Conduct weekly F&B BEO meetings with Catering teams
- Assist in creation and management of the departmental budget
- Balance operational, administrative, and new requests
- Assist guests and employees regarding office facilities in an informative and helpful way
- Follow department policies, procedures, and service standards
- Performs daily stand up with team to review and prep for all meetings
- Provides written communication and trackable confirmation upon receipt of meeting requests
- Provides written and verbal communication to employee regarding the management of their meetings
- Communicates final run of meeting to employees for their review and signoff
- Schedules and coordinates pre-meeting and post-meetings follow-ups for all events
- Owns special projects as assigned by department management
- Ten years' experience in the hospitality industry with at least three years of that experience associated with Corporate Conference Centers or Conference Center Resorts
- College degree in Hotel Management or have an extensive background in conference management preferred
- Experience in supervising a staff of 5 or more
- Previous job duties in banquets, conference planning, conference floor management and knowledge/understanding of audiovisual technology
- Prior experience with managing financials and development of budgets
- Knowledge of conference service equipment and set-up styles including but not limited to meeting room set-up, banquet set-up and audio-visual equipment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including an ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Must have positive, outwardly hospitable attitude.
- Ability to maintain professional composure under high stress situation.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice, flexible with work schedule.
- Experience in a high profile, fast-paced media and entertainment company preferred.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.
This job has expired.