A career with EMD Serono is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Serono is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
United As One for Patients, our purpose in Healthcare is to help create, improve and prolong lives. We develop medicines, intelligent devices and innovative technologies in therapeutic areas such as Oncology, Neurology and Fertility. Our teams work together across 6 continents with passion and relentless curiosity in order to help patients at every stage of life. Joining our Healthcare team is becoming part of a diverse, inclusive and flexible working culture, presenting great opportunities for personal development and career advancement across the globe.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President (SVP) the Head of US Oncology Operations will deliver innovative, high impact strategic and execution focused initiatives for our US Oncology team.This role is a journey of constantly evolving, strengthening, and optimizing EMD Serono's commercial model to increase marketing and sales force effectiveness, inclusive of go to market strategies, and strategic analyses.
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Drive executional excellence within Oncology teams by developing innovative solutions (segmentation, account management, business analysis, and reporting) to existing challenges and leading the execution of these solutions across US Oncology therapeutic area.
- Support Oncology customer facing teams Oncology Territory Managers (OTM) and Opinion Leader Liaisons ( OLL) in achieving brand growth by working in conjunction with Field Leadership, US Marketing, Market Access and Customer Solutions (MACS), and Internal Departments (Business Excellence, Field Force Effectiveness, IT) with ultimate accountability for coordinating and monitoring the efficient operations within the Oncology TA.
- Implement data-driven engagement plans with customer facing teams by identifying trends and incorporating insights to guide informed decision-making. Participate in and lead project teams focused on rapid elevation of field force effectiveness and account management strategies.
- Represent the goals and objectives of the US Oncology leadership team in highly visible cross-functional settings (U.S. Operating Committee)
- Strategically identify and enact ways to put patients and customers first, demonstrating behaviours and prioritising those tasks which will enable delivery of medicines to patients with greater speed and increase the ability to help create, improve, and prolong patients' lives
- Accountable for various high impact strategic projects including, but not limited to Go-to-Market strategies and the evolution of US strategic capabilities
- Monitor and measure field force success in implementation of brand strategy and realization of critical performance objectives
- Analyze and interpret changing market and industry dynamics/trends to determine the effect on current business and use this information to formulate new commercial strategies and tactics in partnership with Marketing.
- Partner in the development and implementation of operational and tactical field capabilities and tools to achieve Oncology success aligned to annual operating plan objectives
- Support the business in achieving objectives by contributing insight and recommendations to strategic plans
- Work with the Sales Leadership teams to translate strategic plans and initiatives into measurable outcomes
- Develop and implement new business processes to support customer facing teams that address dynamic market changes (Aligning data and reports to the external Oncology landscape changes)
- Engage in and lead cross functional projects focused on advancing the organization's strategic initiatives and programs (Account Management Strategies, aligning incentives, and partnering with Business Excellence Data reporting)
- Support SVP US Oncology across a range of business planning exercises including Long Range Planning, Annual Operating Plan development, Quarterly Business Reviews, business updates, and US Operating Committee updates
- Drive operational excellence with a strong focus on continuous improvement and innovation within US Oncology TA
- Participate as key team member in the development and execution of annual incentive plan programs and contests and measurement of their impact in driving results and behavior
- Play a key role in field meetings, POAs, National Sales Meetings and key external meetings and events to establish EMD Serono within the key US Oncology market
- Leverage a keen understanding of data impacting performance of customer facing teams to recommend and implement strategic solutions to customer engagement challenges
- Foster a viable analytics environment for field teams. Continually work to improve and enhance this environment to provide increasingly quantitative measurement of brand results
- Continuously partner with SBD, Head of OLLs, EADs, and ABDs to track and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Lead the development and implementation of reports to identify impactful insights to drive appropriate recommendations to leadership
- Oversee and partner with Business Excellence on activities involving Account Management focused initiatives and determining necessary resources (data, metrics, reporting)
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 10 years US experience in a combination of Operations, Sales, Marketing, Reimbursement, Market Access, and IT roles within the biopharma industry with demonstration of exemplary results
- Strategic ability to define a clear path in a complex environment, utilizing strong analytical skills to navigate through complex challenges, overcoming areas of ambiguity and deliver well thought out business solutions to seize opportunities for business growth
- Proven strategic and operational skills leading multiple impactful cross functional projects simultaneously
- Previous 1st line leadership experience and three years in leadership role preferred
- Experience designing and building out commercialfunctions, metrics, and reporting tools
- Cross functional leadership experience and/or field operations experience a plus
- Advanced computer skills - excellent knowledge and experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, CRM systems, and Access.
- Deep expertise with data and reporting/analysis tools (Veeva, Big Data understanding, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of CRM technology relevant to Field Teams and PSPs and the ability to leverage big data
- Recent go-to-market experience in launching new products
- Exceptional business acumen - with keen analytical sense and ability to utilize quantitative analysis and sound business judgement in interpretation of sales and market data to drive strategies
- Deep customer insights and grasp of complex analytics required
- Ability to demonstrative creative and innovative solutions
- Strong understanding of current legal and regulatory environment
- Project and vendor management experience required
- Demonstrates strong presentation and moderator / facilitator skills with an ability to translate complex information into succinct and impactful l messages
- Ability to present to all levels of the organization to individuals and groups as well as respond succinctly and clearly to any questions and challenges while presenting
- Superior team orientation and ability to influence without authority; fosters mutual trust and respect
- Ability to think strategically and bring innovation to the organization
- Flexibility in leading through change, driving through unexpected challenges to deliver on business imperatives with an ability to remain focused and purposeful in the presence of shifting priorities and strategies in timely response to the business climate.
- Motivated by results, urgency, and personal commitment.
- Possess high integrity and exceptional work ethic
- Ability to convey complex information and analyses in easily understood formats
- Strong problem solving and process management skills
- Ability to prioritize work and operate under tight deadlines
- Motivated and flexible, able to work independently; highly motivated self-starter with the commitment to see projects to their completion
- Collaborative work style and familiarity with core operating function (sales, marketing, regulatory, legal, medical, and external partners).
- Proven experience fostering teamwork and collaboration
- Demonstrates ability to influence others and accomplish goals within a matrixed environment
- Demonstrates a high degree of multi-cultural intelligence and emotional intelligence
- Position requires domestic travel (approximately 30% of time)
What we offer:
- Advanced degree (MBA preferred)
- Experience in the Oncology space highly preferred
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information athttps://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220263
Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time
This job has expired.