Job ID: 313719
CRH is a leading global diversified building materials group, employing over 85,000 people at more than 3,600 locations in 32 countries. Imagine a company capable of providing the modern building materials needed to build our homes, schools, communities, even the bridges and highways to get you there. We are CRH Americas, North America's largest manufacturer of building products and the second largest globally.
- CRH is looking for a dynamic, experienced, commercially focused finance professional to take on the role as Head of Procurement Finance for the North American Region. This position is critical to the continued success of the function in the region and has responsibility for the Financial & Strategic Planning and Financial Governance & Reporting as we progress on our strategic roadmap.
- The role will be based in Atlanta and report to both the Head of Procurement - Americas and the Head of Procurement Finance Globally.
- The Head of Procurement Finance - Americas will be responsible for the implementation of the performance framework in the region, manage key stakeholder relationships across the financial community in the region, conduct on-going reviews of the function's performance with the regional head, lead training on all benefit related topics and ensure proper reporting internally.
Well-rounded and experienced Finance professional with sound business acumen. Ability to implement meaningful performance management metrics & insights. A dedicated and engaged partner who highlights & challenges performance gaps across the function in the region and supports the procurement function across the finance community. Key Functional Competencies
Education / Experience
- A proven track record of working effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and within and across a decentralised international and matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to execute under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
- Experience dealing with senior business leaders
- Financial and Business acumen
- Leading virtually and face to face
- Strong communication skills and ability to influence effectively at all levels
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- In depth knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- Experience in IFRS, US Gaap and SOX
Key Tasks and Responsibilities (incl. key stakeholders)
- BS in Accounting or Finance and/or (e.g. CFA/CPA/ACA/ACCA) highly desirable
- 7 or more years of Finance experience in International setting
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the role of an effective procurement function and best practices together with the required supporting processes and tools - at both the strategic and operational level
- Implement the financial strategy to support procurements growth ambition. Challenge & highlight when gaps appear
- Educate on the defined measures of performance
- Ensure measures of performance are fully aligned with Finance across the Region and highlight & resolve when challenges arise
- Monitor and report on performance
- Develop partnerships with local & regional finance, legal & compliance functions, in addition to the local & regional procurement peer group to ensure achievement of the procurement performance targets (financial & non-financial)
- Implement the financial analysis, and performance reporting recommendations for the function
- Support the Head of the Procurement for the region on all financial related topics
- Support the global Procurement reporting cycle (e.g. spend and savings, initiative tracking, performance measures for all areas within the function ensuring transparency & credibility
- Lead the teams embedded in the business functionally to implement the processes locally
- Work with the regional & local category team members to support on the financial aspects of projects & strategic initiatives
- Educate & communicate procurement benefit definitions and monitor compliance across the Group
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting and periodic reporting of financial results to Regional head of procurement, Divisional CFO/'s and other identified key stakeholders
- Analytics & data; collaborating with the regional procurement excellence team to achieve consistent reliable insightful information
- Focusing on delivering efficient and effective reporting processes to enable procurement personnel to procure
- Ensuring that all functional controls are in place applied and executed according to design
- Demonstrate the Skills and Knowledge to establish and manage timelines, project priorities, and handle multiple/concurrent projects
- Support the finance workstream for the global roll out of EP2P for the Group
- Manage the Regional Procurement Finance Specialist
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Ability to travel regionally 20% of the time
- Fluent in English, any additional language, Spanish, German or French advantageous
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Procurement, Buyer, Data Analyst, Performance Management, Operations, Data, Human Resources
This job has expired.