Job ID: 216518
Location: HUNTSVILLE , AL , US
Date Posted: 2021-04-29
Subcategory: SW Engineer
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Minimum Clearance Required: Interim Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a Graphics Application Software Engineer to join our team in Huntsville, Alabama. This position would sit onsite at Redstone Arsenal.
The Network, System Integration and Test Environment (NSITE) is a Government owned, managed, and developed software suite. NSITE is used by the Missile Defense Agency (MDA), Joint Services, and numerous labs in support of continued testing of systems employed for defense of the United States and our Allies. The NSITE software provides data collection, situational awareness, and analysis capabilities to a wide range of users who benefit from NSITE’s ability to act as an independent third-party truth teller. The NSITE team has in-depth experience in Tactical Data Links (TDL), Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) Test, Enterprise Information Technology, Software and Systems Engineering and Information Assurance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for designing, developing, deploying, and maintaining three dimensional graphics software to represent the Earth and activities on a globe relevant to Missile Defense tests.
- Work on a small agile development team where success is defined by the ability to understand your path forward, effectively communicate that path, and complete the task inherent to that path in a timely matter.
- Research advancements in data visualization and related fields to help steer the product toward long term success.
- Communicate with leadership and the customer to ensure a common understanding of requirements.
- Document your work for the benefit of your teammates, the user, leadership, and posterity.
- Identify and solve challenging problems by writing performant, elegant, and practical code.
Bachelors degree and five (5) years or more of experience; Masters and three (3) years of more of experience; PhD and zero (0) years of experience; four (4) years of experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Experience developing robust and efficient graphics software using aforementioned OpenGL, and/or other major graphics frameworks.
- Professional software engineering experience, working on multi-disciplinary teams.
- Strong fundamentals in computer science topics including; linear algebra and 3-Dimensional mathematics, object-oriented design, algorithms, computer networks, and data structures
- High level of comfort working with different coordinate systems (Cartesian, WGS84, UTM, etc.).
- Knowledge of basic network protocols.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and comfort working on shared projects with designers, artists, testers, and other developers.
- Experience with hardware acceleration for graphics applications.
- Knowledge of Tactical Data Links (e.g. Link-16, JREAP, DIS, VMF, XML, etc.) and the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS) test environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Visual Studio 2017/2019.
- Experience with using Git version control, Bitbucket, and JIRA as software management tools.
- Experience interacting with SQL databases.
Must have an Interim Secret clearance to start with the ability to obtain and maintain a full Secret clearance.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.