A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
Global Head of Automation is responsible forbuilding the strategic plan and driving the implementation of the key initiatives,toachievethe automation ambition of our manufacturing network in our Life Science business. This role is key to achieving our ambitious revenue growth and productivity goals, while ensuring the quality of our products and compliance of our operations. You will lead individuals and alsomultifunctional teams in the identification of key automation opportunities, and the identification and development of best globally available automation and robotics solutions. You will develop transformational technology/ automation roadmaps leveraging appropriate advanced technologies for key growth areas of our business, building key partnerships with external providers, universities and research institutes. You will build individual business cases and execution plans and obtainmanagement approval for large investment initiatives. You and your team will manage execution of these initiatives to detailed execution plans you develop, with internal and external partners, developing robust processes and achieving project goals within committed timing and costs. Engagement of key stakeholders in our manufacturing network and across our functional and business partners will be key to success. You will manage team and project budgets and regularly update senior leadership with accurate technical, business and financial status of your initiatives. You will build and sustain a team(s) of capable resources for execution of initiatives and development of the automation roadmaps.
Location can be based inBurlington, MA, Danvers, MA, or Jaffrey NH.
Who you are:
- University degree in Engineering (Mechanical/ Electro Mechanical/ Industrial automation)
- PMP certified or similar Project managementcertification
- Experience managing external vendors from concept and managing the installation/commissioning of electro mechanical automation systems
- Experience in Mechanical Automation a must
- Ability to guide others or create new solutions based on own depth and breadth of expertise
- Industrial automation and/or robotics experience (15years)
- Leading automation projects and teams (10years) in execution of large and highly complexautomation projects
- Demonstrated experience in identification of partners among solutions providers, universities and research institutes and buildingpartnerships for advanced technology development
- Experience in building own team and project teams and developing teams' capabilitiesto deliver results
- Excellent communication skills (fluent English mandatory). Experience in developing compelling ,fact driven business cases and securing investment decisions from senior leadership
- Experienced in application of rigorous processes for process technology development and project execution
- Ability to travel 30% (up to 50% maximum)
- Masters qualification in manufacturing technology/ automation orMBA.
- 10 yrs. leadership experience in a matrix environment in multinational company.
- Demonstrated experience in developing overall strategiesfor Industry 4.0 implementation and developing investmentplans for OT
- Experience working in cGMP/ regulated environments
- Ability to guide teams in formulating transformative automation concepts and strategies into executable initiatives
- Broad knowledge and experienceof global specialist automation solutions providers
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 210417
Career Level: E - Professional (10+ years)
Working time model: full-time