Job ID: 313686
CRH's Americas Materials, a division of CRH, is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, cement, asphalt, readymixed concrete and paving and construction services in North America. Our operations span North America with 24,100 employees at close to 1,300 locations in 44 US States and 6 Canadian provinces.
Establish a global category management team and network of stakeholders to effectively manage 100% of the global spend for the Mobile Equipment Category. Driving value including savings, innovation, efficiencies and capability for CRH PLC
Additional Knowledge/Skill Required
- Establish the global category in CRH to drive a global approach to a diverse set of decentralized business needs
- Manages assigned category globally by leading cross-functional and cross-regional team
- Empowerment for category decisions and Full accountability for category performance on group level
- Develop a network of stakeholders internally and externally to manage 100% of the spend in the category cluster
- Responsible for setting category strategy
- Drive value by identifying savings opportunities and supply efficiencies
- Execution of global initiatives (e.g. tenders)
- Develop and maintain relationships with key suppliers at a strategic level (Strategic Vendor Management, SRM)
- Supervise planning, forecasting and delivering 3rd party related projects
- Ensure existence of Category plans, project charters and documents (i.e. summary of all individual projects, handover documents)
- Develop benchmarking and best practices and push all countries to thrive for best in class
- Decision making/strategic thinking/negotiation skills
- Project management skills
- Leadership skills of remote and virtual teams
- Supplier quality management
- Supplier contracting
- Divisional / Business leaders
- Regional procurement Directors
- Business Network of Specifiers
- Other Procurement Units
- Legal & Compliance
- Finance community
- Category Business targets
- Specific Category/industry dynamics and constraints
- Business needs
- Key figures/plan
- Stakeholder feedback
Education and/or Experience
- Category strategy
- Supplier strategy
- Savings year-over-year
- Capacity creation (availability)
- Building and managing supplier relationships
- Performance and management of global category
What CRH Offers You
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or related degree or the equivalent in relevant experience, an MBA is a plus
- 10 or more years of global strategy sourcing / category management experience. Specific category knowledge in mobile equipment would be a plus.
- Experience establishing business processes and managing performance
- Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) or similar certification desired
- Experience in/knowledge of the building materials, mining or construction sectors is a plus.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Atlanta Job Segment:
Engineer, Supply Chain Manager, Manager, Procurement, Supply, Engineering, Operations, Management
This job has expired.