Job ID: 426879
SIGCO is the preeminent architectural glass and metal fabricator and distributor in New England. Since our inception in 1986, SIGCO has grown and changed over the decades, expanding into new product areas and territories, while maintaining a cutting edge manufacturing facility. But our commitment to service and craftsmanship remain unchanged.
The 1st Shift Production role in our Westbrook location isn't just a job- it's a starting point to a great career with a great company. We hire motivated individuals who want to grow with us, and we will equip you with the knowledge you need to be successful. We have an incredible track record of promoting from within. You can be our next success story.
- The starting rate is $20.00/hour
- $1500 sign-on bonus
- Monday-Thursday 4 am-4 pm or 6 am-6 pm
- 4-day work week with Friday as an optional half-day for Overtime!
This role is perfect for the individual who approaches their work in a professional manner, who loves to be a part of a team, and who wants to help us get better, every single day. If that sounds like you, come join this industry leader!Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• On/off-loading of product from, tables, rolling racks, delivery trucks, or wood crates
Work a flexible starting/ending schedule and/or overtime
• Understand units of measurement and be able to perform general mathematical equations
• Work in other departments as required
• Regular and predictable attendance
• Safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures, including Critical Safety Rules, are essential functions of this jobQualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.Requirements
• Must be at least 18 years old
• Lift up to 50 pounds
• Stand and walk on concrete floor for eight hours or more
• Wear company issued safety shirt, hard hat, steel toed boots, safety glasses and hearing protection
• Comparable experience preferredWhat OBE Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
OBE has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of family businesses, regional companies, and large enterprises that together form the OBE family. OBE operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
OBE is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: Aug 5, 2022 Nearest Major Market:
Portland Maine Job Segment: