Job ID: 313539
Founded 150 years ago by a Civil War veteran and pioneer, Gerhold Concrete Company, Inc., A CRH Company, is a major regional supplier of concrete and building materials with 15 locations across Nebraska and Iowa, serving areas in central and northeastern Nebraska, southeastern South Dakota, and western Iowa.
Do you have a CDL or know of someone that has a CDL? Gerhold Concrete is hiring drivers at all locations in Nebraska.
Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job sites. On an as needed basis, serve as a relief batchperson.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all Department of Transportation requirements including but not limited to licensing, vehicle inspection, and hours of service.
- Inspects the truck as required at the start of each workday, completing the Driver Check-off Sheet which indicates that all systems are functioning properly.
- Drives truck to location for unloading in a safe manner
- Backs truck under batching or loading hopper to receive concrete.
- Climbs the ladder, approximately 10-12 feet, on the mixer truck to view the load of concrete for consistency and amount, to inspect the drum for cleanliness.
- Batches concrete load according to specifications. Reads dispatch orders and understands required needs for production of materials.
- Conduct batching operations in an efficient and safe manner while complying with all local, state and federal regulations.
- Conduct batching functions in a professional manner and ensure compliance with job specifications and all applicable environmental and air quality regulations.
- Prints out invoice tickets on each truck/load and files. Gives copy of invoice to truck drivers to obtain customer payment upon delivery of materials as needed.
- Responsible for efficient working condition of plant equipment. Performs maintenance to batch plant which includes greasing parts, sweeping, shoveling, performing equipment repairs, cleaning, removing jam-ups, and welding.
- Become proficient in all batching, dispatching & Quality Control Software.
- Maintain time and material records.
- Other duties may be assigned
Must be 18 years in age or older.
Must have a Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
Pass DOT physical and drug screen.
Must be available to work weekends Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Other Qualifications
May be subject to drug testing, medical exams and physical agilities testing. About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Gerhold Concrete Company Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: Aug 17, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Lincoln Job Segment:
Construction, Welding, Air Quality, Testing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology
This job has expired.