Local Unit & Position Description
We've all seen the news: we have six to eight years to meaningfully mitigate the climate crisis. Where are you going to spend them?
DNV's Civil Engineering team is growing, and we are looking for you. Our team is comprised of highly skilled civil, structural, and geotechnical engineers, consulting to the world's largest stakeholders for solar, wind, and battery storage energy projects. We are seeking a Geotechnical Engineer - Solar and Wind who is ready to grow and develop while supporting our US and Canadian team. The engineer in this position will be exposed to the broadest cross-section of wind, solar, and storage projects of any renewables company in the world.
By joining our team at DNV, you will be part of championing the widespread deployment and operation of renewables to positively impact society and the planet.
We achieve our purpose through long-term success of our customers.
We strive to be a high-performing, innovative team which reflects the equity, respect, and diversity we wish to see in the world.
We are a hybrid team (office/work from home), and this position can be based near one of our offices: Montreal CA, San Diego CA, Austin TX, Houston TX, Portland OR office.
What You'll Do
Position QualificationsWhat is Required
- Review of design drawings and calculations for Wind and Solar Energy foundations support systems, to support project financing
- Development of geotechnical engineering analysis tools for soil-structure interaction, settlement, bearing capacity and other geotechnical aspects of foundation design analyses
- Evaluation of pre-market design concepts for Wind and Solar Energy support systems
- Evaluation and root cause analyses of Wind and Solar Energy geotechnical failures
- Observation and documentation of Wind and Solar Energy construction
- Secondary responsibilities can consist of; pre-construction site visits, product technical assessments, construction QA/QC documentation review, specification writing and internal software development
- Embark on a rewarding and fulfilling career with one of the industry's leading consultancies and make a few friends along the way
What is Preferred
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering emphasis in Geotechnical Engineering
- EI/EIT License or ability to obtain
- At least 2 years of geotechnical engineering design experience required
- Proficiency in IBC, ASCE 7, AISC, ACI, NBCC, EuroCode and other common structural design codes
- Proficiency in MathCad, LPile, slope stability, and other common structural analysis programs
- Understanding of reinforced concrete foundation systems for utility scale onshore wind turbines and/or common Solar PV foundation systems and geotechnical aspects of design
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills
- We conduct pre-employment and background screening
*Immigration-related employment benefits, for example visa sponsorship, are not available for this position*How We Do It
- Two (2) to Five (5) years of experience with project design through construction
- P.E. or P.Eng. License a plus
- Prior research or design experience with reinforced concrete wind turbine foundations
- Prior research or design experience with Solar PV structural support systems
- Proficiency in Plaxis, FLAC, or other geotechnical numerical analyses
- M.Sc. in Geotechnical Engineering or related field
We Care, We Dare, We Share
DNV is a proud equal opportunity employer committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit or business need, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
For more information about your rights under the law, see:
Diversity at DNV
Meet our Employees
DNV is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity, including providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with a disability. US applicants with a physical or mental disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact the North America Recruitment department (email@example.com). Information received relating to accommodations will be addressed confidentially. What We Offer
- Generous paid time off (vacation, sick days, company holidays, personal days)
- Multiple Medical and Dental benefit plans to choose from, Vision benefits
- Spending accounts - FSA, Dependent Care, Commuter Benefits, company-seeded HSA
- Special programs - Employee Assistance Program, ID theft protection, and accident and critical illness options for you and your family
- Employer-paid, therapist-led, virtual care services through Talkspace
- 401(k) with company match
- Company provided life insurance, short-term, and long-term disability benefits
- Tuition assistance
- Flexible work schedule with hybrid/remote opportunities
- Advancement opportunities
**Benefits vary based on position, tenure, location, and employee election** Company & Business Area Description
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.
This job has expired.