Georgia-Pacific is seeking candidates for General Production roles at our Plywood mill in Gurdon, AR. This is a non-climate controlled mill, meaning temperatures can be very high in the summer and cold in the winter. As a General Production (Utility) worker, you will learn multiple operator functions and perform various manual tasks that require repetitive motions. Additionally, you will provide coverage for operators who are absent or on vacation. Our General Production team members also perform basic care duties such as preventative maintenance on machinery or repairing minor issues. You will also be responsible for operating small equipment and tools (i.e. blowers, shovels, pitch forks) to clean up debris in and around machines to ensure a safe work environment and maximize uptime for facility equipment. This position is an entry-level role with opportunities for growth and career advancement.
If you thrive on working in a team environment with ongoing learning opportunities, this may be the job for you!
What You Will Do In Your Role
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures
- Learning to operate machinery to expected performance levels
- Acting as a relief operator to cover other employees' breaks and vacations
- Keeping the work area clean throughout the shift
- Assisting team members throughout the mill during production
- Working any shift, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Working in a hot, humid, cold and noisy industrial environment
- Performing tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing, and/or pulling for up to twelve (12) hours a day
- Maintaining a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment, i.e.: safety glasses, hearing protection, steel-toed boots and other PPE as required by specific jobs
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 6 months of previous work experience
- Willing and able to meet the physical requirements of the job
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
What Will Put You Ahead
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- At least six (6) month's work experience in a farming, landscaping, carpentry, mechanical, construction, warehouse, military, production or manufacturing environment
- Two (2) years of manufacturing experience
- One (1) year of experience working in a lumber, plywood, or timber industry
- Experience operating mobile equipment (i.e. forklifts, bobcats, cranes, etc.)
- Experience using a computer for record-keeping and documentation functions
- One (1) year of leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
Salary and Benefits Commensurate with Experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
This job has expired.