Lincoln Electric is the world leader in the design, development and manufacture of the highest quality arc welding products, automated joining assembly and cutting systems, and has a global leading position in brazing and soldering alloys. With over 125 years of innovation and service excellence, we are committed to employing talent that will support our strategy to foster innovation, drive growth and provide a first class experience for our customers. Lincoln Electric: we operate to a higher standard to build a better world.
Req. ID: 22393
The duties of General Labor (Piecework) vary. May be assigned to any Piecework Production position in the Euclid or Mentor plants that require physical labor including constructing, or building various parts used to make a finished product, or working collaboratively with computer-controlled equipment that require mechanical aptitude and spatial ability.
NOTE: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of employees for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time based on workload or Management discretion.
Piecework pay for individual positions is based on the number of units produced by the individual worker. Line work typically involves working with a group of employees to complete a finished product. Lines normally pay on a group piecework basis, which means that all of the workers on the line are paid according to the number of units produced by the group.
- Performs general labor including light to heavy assembly, fine component dexterity, plastic injection molding, laser cutting, metal punching, stamping, bending, forming, shearing and hoisting apparatus. Includes heavy machine designed for mixing, extruding, wire drawing, winding and packaging.
- Works with some positions that may require the occasional use of circular or band saws, grinders or air powered tools that generate torque of vibration.
- Position requires continuous use of hands including grasping, pushing, pulling including fine motor manipulation.
- Follows all risk reduction procedures including wearing specified protective clothing and safety equipment where required. Includes hearing, eye, foot protection and respirator protection where required.
- Works in a highly structured environment requiring strict adherence to quality standards and frequent reading and following written work instructions, interpreting scales, dials or gauges, reading or generating charts or tables.
- May perform occasional root cause problem solving or troubleshooting.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed which may include duties not listed in this document
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to read and write English
- Basic understanding of Math including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, counting and problem solving.
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug test and background check
- Flexibility with scheduling including working swing (or rotating) shifts and ability to work overtime and weekends as necessary.
- Must be able to work in an environment requiring a very high attention to details and exceptional orderliness.
- Requires ability to work in a Plant Environment that is not air conditioned.
- Continuous body motion and work tempo, including endurance for continuous standing, walking, bending, pushing, twisting, or reaching.
- Punctuality and overall exceptional attendance record required.
- Knowledgeable of all quality procedures used to process items in work center.
- Ability and knowledge to meet all written specifications and prints, and ensure compliance with all standards.
- Comply with factory spec for first piece and production part check.
- Continuous physical exertion, continuous body motion and work tempo, including endurance for continuous standing, walking, bending, pushing, twisting, or reaching.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY (EHS)
- The Supervisor/Manager shall determine when an individual has completed the training and is qualified to assume these responsibilities.
- The Supervisor/Manager shall ensure that the employee receives "on the job training", and the following training at the appropriate times.
- See Lincoln specification RE150 for training requirements.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
- Understand the Company's EHS Policy and how it relates to this job.
- Be aware of OSHA and EPA laws and regulations as well as the Company's Plant Rules and Regulations that pertain to this job.
- Work in a safe manner and observe all company EHS and JHA procedures.
- Follow safe equipment operating procedures and only operate equipment when guards are in place and in good condition.
- Know that the company EHS procedures are contained in reference books such as SSW Specifications, Plant Rules and Regulations and Material Safety Data Sheets which are located in the Foreman's area.
- Immediately notify the Supervisor if there is any safety hazard, any equipment not operating correctly, or if there are any questions regarding EHS and JHA procedures.
Lincoln Electric is a $3.2B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 11,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 56 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers. As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world's challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.Employment Status:
Piecework Full-Time Function:
Lincoln Cleveland (US10) EOE, including disability/veteransNearest Major Market:
Cleveland Nearest Secondary Market:
Akron Job Segment:
Machinist, Industrial, Equipment Operator, Welding, Manufacturing
This job has expired.