EMCOR Facilities FES offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term values.
Job Title: General Maintenance Worker I (SHC) M - F, 9am to 5pm.
EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS) has an immediate need for a General Maintenance Worker 1 in San Jose, CA (South Bay) area. The technician will report to the Assistant Chief Engineer and lead key initiatives in an assigned geographical territory to ensure the effective, efficient, and timely delivery and fulfillment of EFS's line of services and associated products to dispersed and
varied customers through the deployment and utilization of a proprietary facilities supplier network. Performs preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on buildings, equipment and grounds Conducts "face to face" relationship between EMCOR Facilities Services and supplier in the service of the client's requirements. Utilizes multiple trade skills such as carpentry,
plumbing, electrical, painting, and roofing, HVAC, and other skills as needed to solve maintenance problems. Maintains commercial properties by self-performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes defined field inspections on a scheduled basis so as to incorporate feedback on supplier effectiveness and client feedback. Includes service inspections, and asset inspections. Performs assigned work orders according to schedule. Obtains necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
• Attends weekly toolbox safety meetings with Assistant Chief Engineer and other associates. Utilizes mandatory safety equipment to perform tasks. Obtains and completes EFS required training.
• Performs routine painting, carpentry work, etc., as necessary to maintain our Client's facilities in like new condition (e.g. repair a hole in dry-wall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform and original like new appearance). Performs minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems (e.g. unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets, replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc.)
• Performs minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a license within state law requirements (e.g. repair or replacement of fixtures, wall switches, and outlets. Replace light bulbs, ballasts and sockets if necessary). Preventative maintenance.
• Fully utilizes technology (routing software, tablets, handhelds, and company vehicles) to drive productivity and continuous improvement for service delivery to our customers. Work orders using MAXIMO a plus.
• Estimates time and materials needed to complete repairs and works with the Operations
Manager so they can provide our Client's a written quote for work that we cannot perform within our basic dollar
• Meets and/or exceeds Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for internal metrics to measure safety performance, completed field inspections, effective use of technology, etc. Identifies out of scope work opportunities and presents to Operations Manager to be decided on.
• Creates a positive climate with the client, provides and generates customer satisfaction. Maintains timely and consistent communications with applicable Service Delivery and Procurement departments.
• HS diploma or Degree / Certification, or equivalent professional experience in Landscaping, Trades (Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, etc.), or Specialty Floor Care, preferred.
• Two (2) to five (5) years mechanical experience, including electrical, plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of training, education, and experience. Any combination of education, training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the duties and responsibilities as described including related work experience in one or more of the building trades. Past background in the landscape, janitorial or construction-related services industries highly preferred.
• Must possess applicable certifications, licenses, and valid driver's license in good standing.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
EMCOR Facilities Services requires all employees to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. EMCOR Facilities Services is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Notice to prospective employees: There have been fraudulent postings and emails regarding job openings. EMCOR Group and its companies list open positions here. Please check our available positions to confirm that a post or email is genuine.
EMCOR Group and its companies do not reach out to individuals to help with marketing or other similar services. If an individual is contacted for services outside of EMCOR's normal application process - it is probably fraudulent.