S.A. Comunale has been a local industry leader for end-to-end mechanical, fire protection and HVAC services for nearly 100 years.
We offer our clients significant financial strength, unmatched bonding capability, an award-winning safety program, and large-scale purchasing power.
With 12 locations and over 950 employees, including 600 skilled tradesmen throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, and West Virginia, S.A. Comunale can work in virtually every market sector and facility type.
Job Title: General Laborer - Bundler - 1st Shift
The Bundler works alongside other fabrication shop employees to offload pipe, inspect pipe, and prepare pipe to be assembled and banded, while adhering to blueprints and sketches provided. This position is represented by the Plumbers and Pipefitters Local Union #219.
This job requires the ability and desire to work in a fast paced multi tasked environment with a focus towards detail and accuracy.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 7:00am - 3:30pm (Subject to mandatory overtime)
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
Primary duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for offloading of pipe on a daily basis and transporting to correct location.
- Perform Quality Control (QC) procedures such as dye penetrant testing on welds, inspection of grooves, and the prep and painting of rusty or welded material(s) and alert Quality Control Supervisor of any discrepancies found, but handle any issues that are in range of knowledge and training.
- Perform actions related to assembly/make-on couplings/fittings when applicable and ensure they are assembled to print/sketch.
- Review job information sheets, technical instructions, and process jobs accordingly.
- Operate the pneumatic tensioner and crimper when applicable.
- Input information into computer system and read computer data to perform job accurately.
- Strong math skills frequently used.
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education / Work Experience:
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
This job has expired.
- 2+ years of related work experience in a warehouse or manufacturing setting is required.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Technical or trade school training is a plus.
- Tow motor experience is a plus
- Must have the ability to multi-task and be self-motivated
- Must have great communication skills.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.