The Funder is responsible for insuring quality and volume on a daily basis. The Funder must make sure all required items for the loan file are obtained/collected at the time of funding in order to be able to submit the loan to the investor and to be sent out for the HUD Insuring process. The Funder will work with Broker Partners, Title companies, Sales Advisors, Attorneys, etc. on a daily basis. Funders are expected to maintain the upmost professionalism and remain goal-oriented throughout the process.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Establishes and maintains a thorough knowledge of all products and investor requirements to ensure quality closing packages and salability to the Investor.
- Audit initial documents and file based on audit procedures.
- Maintain updated status of loans and enter all required data
- Review title information, sales comps and LOS information for accuracy and to identify potential qualification issues
- Work with team lead and/or team members on miscellaneous department projects as needed
- Cross-train in all positions for coverage purposes
- Run calculations on a reverse mortgage calculator to customize application packages based on client qualification
- Assemble client portfolios and audit portfolio based on procedures.
- Prepares all closing documents required to close mortgage loans, ensuring documentation is complete and accurate; follows up with any discrepancies
- Audit closing documents and file based on audit procedures.
- Ensures that all loans meet guidelines for quality and regulatory compliance and investor closing standards are met
- Gather all required forms and conditions required to fund the loan
- Prepares and explains closing requirements to settlement agent as needed
- Receive document package from settlement agent and review and clear all prior to funding conditions.
- Audit funding documents and file based on audit procedures.
- Determine any additional funding conditions that are need to meet lender, investor, or HUD guidelines.
- Prepare and deliver funding package based on funding procedures.
- Perform client, settlement agent, processor, or client relations follow-up as needed
- Coordinate shipping and receiving of documents to loan advisors, settlement agents, and wholesale partners, as needed.
- Adhere to Liberty's Service Philosophy and Standards
- Reliable and regular attendance and punctuality is expected
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- High school diploma, GED or Military equivalent required
- Minimum of two years as a funder or doc drawer. Reverse mortgage industry experience a plus.
- One year mortgage experience required, reverse mortgage experience preferred
- Ability to prepare routine administrative paperwork
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to develop and maintain files and records
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications, specifically Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures
- Good customer service skills and reliable
- Individual must be extremely detailed oriented
- Employee must work well under pressure, meeting multiple and conflicting deadlines
- Must at all times demonstrate cooperative behavior with colleagues and supervisors
This job has expired.
- Must pass the Company's Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.