Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Innovative Construction Group is growing! Join a great company and boost your career by working with us!
The primary responsibility of the Framing Carpenter is to precisely measure, cut and assemble the framing lumber needed to build residential projects. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize. The ideal candidate will have the ability to utilize critical thinking skills to identify issues; work independently and as a team member; have knowledge and understanding of new residential builds.
Job Purpose: Largely responsible for constructing the shell of residential homes, including walls, ceilings and floors.
- Complies with all PPE standards and is aware of all safety practices, follows safety rules and procedures, complies with all legal regulations.
- Precisely measure, cut and assemble framing lumber.
- Frame exterior and interior walls, floors and ceilings.
- Must be able to use a wide variety of hand and power tools, including power tools such as saws, drills and nail guns, and basic hand tools such as a hammer, framer's square and measuring tape, also must understand use and maintenance of all trade-specific tools and equipment.
- Lift and carry heavy objects such as framing lumber, sheets of plywood and building materials.
- Have a solid grasp of complex mathematical concepts in basic math functions and calculations.
- Understand building codes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Has at least 2 years of experience in a general carpentry trade.
- Understanding of building concepts, codes, regulations, laws and best practices.
- Is a team player.
- Is detail-oriented.
- Ability to lift 75 lbs.
- Must be able to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to prove eligibility to work in the United States.
- Current driver's license and clean driving record
- 40+ hours weekly.
- Good communication skills
- English Fluency (Bilingual Spanish is a plus)
- Rate of pay will commensurate with experience.
- Exposure to mutable types of weather conditions.
- Exposure to wood, concrete dust and debris.
- Working above floor level from 6 feet and above.
- Operating light and heavy equipment.
- Lifting material and equipment from 10 lbs. and up.
- Excessive bending, kneeling, twisting and crouching.
- Exposure to loud noise from machinery and tools.
- Exposure to falling and flying particles.
Health, dental, vision, life insurance, long-term short-term disability and 401(k). Vacation, paid holidays, personal and sick time.
Innovative Construction Group is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.